1991 E-250 Rear Bumper

DNTL740

Adventurer
Good morning, my friend has a ford van 1991 and he’s having a a hard time finding a rear bumper with swingouts for his spare tire and storage box. Could someone kindly suggest what to do, Build our own? maybe some fabrication place makes them for this year? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

kcernest

Observer
I'd suggest building your own if you have the capability. Paying $3k+ for a dual swing bumper just seems a bit much to me when you could build one in a weekend. I'd suggest a dual shear swing if the wheel/box is going to have much weight to it.

DNTL740

Adventurer
I'd suggest building your own if you have the capability. Paying $3k+ for a dual swing bumper just seems a bit much to me when you could build one in a weekend. I'd suggest a dual shear swing if the wheel/box is going to have much weight to it.
Thank you sir, that’s the route that looks most like my.

VANMAN

Observer
good luck with that year...build your own....I had a company out of Albuquerque NM build me one about 18-19 years ago for a 1990...same body style...long out of business....name was Stout Bumpers or something like that....I haven't seen anyone recently build anything for the old body style

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles