1991 4 door sidekick mod thread

chet

island Explorer
I thought I would throw one up here so this doesn't turn into an Isuzu only section! :costumed-smiley-007

I purchased the sidekick from a dealer 2 years ago. First thing to go was the stock running boards. It looked like a car! Next came some custom 2x3 rec. tube rockers welded in place of the rusted out stock ones. I can use a highlift on the side now with no problems.

I have also added a loc-rite to the rear. A Calmini 3" suspension and 3" body lift. 30" Cooper STT's finished it off.

I have a basic custom rusty front bumper with a Coscto 8000 lb. winch on it.

I use the little rig as my daily driver (120kms round trip!) and also as my weekend wheeler and will be towing our new tent trailer come next spring.

For our areas and trails around here it is the perfect size. I am always amazed at what I can cram inside it!

Upcoming mods:

- Storage drawer for the back so I can keep my recover equipment in there and fit the D.O.G. !

- new custom bumpers fabbed by... ME!

- Grand Vitara V6 will be going in this winter! :jumping: I will go from 80 HP to 160HP!!! This will make towing the trailer much easier and will probably get me a gas mileage increase as well. Right now I have it floored up most hills.

- next year I will be going to toyota axles on leaf springs which will be a simple way of getting 33" tires under the rig. This will be the height I want to stay at. Anything larger and I will need a new daily driver!

I will get some pics later but thats it in a nutshell! :beer:

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Chet,

Seen you here a few times ... glad to have another Zuk aboard. You've got a good list of mods going on and planned.

Soon, I need to update my Zuk's mod thread too. I'm preparing to make some storage as well and have a few other things done/planned.

Don't know if you get the looks/comments outside of this board that frown upon our little beasts, but that is one of the great things about here - we are all accepted and appreciated.

Can't wait to hear about the progress with the engine swap, etc ...

Jeff

P.S., have a brother in White Rock, B.C., beautiful country, can't wait to get up that way again.

chet

island Explorer
I have run suzukis for a long time and they actually have a fairly solid rep. up our way. A 4 door sidekick lifted like mine gets some funny comments though! :smiley_drive:

ZooJunkie

Explorer
I wouldn't mind a 4 door Sidekick!! Those things are cool! Nice little truck Chet. I have always been a big Samurai fan.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Yes, we do need more Zuk's representin here, as the one I was going to start building has now gone by the way side. What a waste of a great 4X4.

Sorry, still a little bitter here.

bootzilla

Adventurer
Zuk's are tough little trucks! I am curious how you like your Loc-Rite, especially in snowy weather up there. I've been told it can make the back end a slittle squirrely in the slippery stuff...

Can't wait to see what 33's look like on a Sidekick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles