1990's full size Chevy truck accessories

acconboy

Looking for a couple things. I have been wanting to find a kit to relocate the spare tire to the back of the truck by the tailgate on a swingout like they have on SUV's like the Blazer, but havent found many options. Lots of inside the bed stuff, an the under the tailgate factory options don't seem to hold up to the weight of oversized tires. Also, Has anyone found a viable snorkle kit for 90's era Chevy trucks yet?

ClovisMan

Observer
I have a squarebody double-swingout rear bumper on my Suburban. Contact James Callahan at https://www.rlcweldfab.com/ He can make just about anything you want.
843pofG.jpg

Or you can try a Wilco Hitch Gate. https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate-offset/

ttengineer

Adventurer
Following.

Got the 1999 2dr Tahoe I had when I was 16 back and I’m planning on restoring it and upgrading the bumpers and such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Gordo

EL Gordo
there's not many options for these square bodies that don't cost an arm & a leg. Most guys on the GM type forums wind up building what they need. Probably what I'll wind up doing for my 2 'burbs.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I don’t mind spending the money. This is a dream project for me, so if you have any leads on Bumpers, Racks, interior stuff, please don’t hesitate to post links. Couldn’t hurt to share the info you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Check out wambumpers.com. They are even in Georgia.

Let's hope that's not the new name for the old "Kennesaw Mountain Armor" or "Tactical Armor Group."

Because if it is, well, the constant name changes occur for a reason. ;) KMA is legendary in the off road world and not in a good way.

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Let's hope that's not the new name for the old "Kennesaw Mountain Armor" or "Tactical Armor Group."

Because if it is, well, the constant name changes occur for a reason. ;) KMA is legendary in the off road world and not in a good way.

I do believe it is. However, there are a couple guys over on the Ford Expedition forum that have recently bought, paid for, AND took delivery on their bumpers. So under new ownership, they may have turned a corner. But as with anything online: buyer beware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94