1990 LWB Tranny leak

JAVYPRO

Observer
I am so upset. My tranny developed a leak I am pretty sure after the mechanic removed the tranny, many months ago, to do the engine rear main seal. I replaced the tranny pan gasket but noticed that the line that comes to the side of the tranny and connects with the 90* elbow leaks right at the elbow, looks like somehow he mistreated the tranny line connector because the nut showed signs of slip like when the wrong tool is used to loosen it up

I lack the time to get under it so I took it back to have him fix the leak since I think it is easy enough. He "fixed it" and I drove it home only to find out the next day that it was leaking again. I took it back and he kept it for almost 3 weeks and said that he couldn't find it and got frustrated. I told him not to worry about it I will take care of it :mad:, CRAP when you want some thing done right you got to do it yourself :mad:

Now I got to take a weekend to get under there and remove the elbow and I am sure that it will leak tons of fluid and I will make a mess in my garage, like I need that. I don't have the time, If I could I would use those 2 days to work on my turbo project but NO. I vented and feel better now.

Anyway, have any of you guys had a similar issue? have you replaced the elbow or seal it somehow? did you loose lots of oil? is it better to drain the tranny?

Thanks,
Javy

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I had a leak here too loooooong time ago, i feel like it was an o ring under a flange nut. Minimal leak and easy job, FAMOUS LAST WORDS>TOASTY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94