1990 K5 Blazer -- 4 cyl Cummins

Overdrive

Adventurer
No Affiliation. On Craigslist. http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/1841790267.html

3n73p23lc5Y25V15Z6a7d9e166264688c1656.jpg

Overdrive

Adventurer
I believe the engine is around 130 horses and 355 lb-ft torque. (Depends on year.)

So, you won't be winning any drag races, but there's plenty of power for pulling and roaming around the backcountry.

Wander

Expedition Leader
That's an interesting conversion choice. You would think it would have been easier to do the 6.2 GM mill.

Viggen

Just here...
Hold on to your fillings and come packing earplugs as those motors shake like California and are unbelievably loud. They were never meant to be put into a light duty truck so they are super crude, not to mention ridiculously heavy and very tall.

D

Deleted member 9101

Hold on to your fillings and come packing earplugs as those motors shake like California and are unbelievably loud. They were never meant to be put into a light duty truck so they are super crude, not to mention ridiculously heavy and very tall.

Hummm, I am liking it more and more

D

Deleted member 9101

I believe the engine is around 130 horses and 355 lb-ft torque. (Depends on year.)

So, you won't be winning any drag races, but there's plenty of power for pulling and roaming around the backcountry.

Yeah..thats a nice start...I'd have to up that a bit...lol

Viggen

Just here...
Hummm, I am liking it more and more

Wait until you actually are around one. A conversation with the hood up is impossible. Inside, you will be borderline yelling at your passenger and everything will shake. Sounds cool but you, like many who have done these conversions, will change your mind. You can not change the fact that this motor was never intended to be in anything smaller than a step van.

D

Deleted member 9101

Wait until you actually are around one. A conversation with the hood up is impossible. Inside, you will be borderline yelling at your passenger and everything will shake. Sounds cool but you, like many who have done these conversions, will change your mind. You can not change the fact that this motor was never intended to be in anything smaller than a step van.

Oh I know, I would never intend for it to be a daily driver... but for an off road toy.. noise is acceptable to me.

ignorant

Observer

Cummins engineers refer to this engine as "the shaker"..

Look up the Brazilian F250. The electronic injection makes the engine liveable.

DarinM

Explorer
I don't think it's a 1990 model. Looks more like a 1980. I had a '77 with a 400 small block under the hood when I was in high school. It was a beast. I didn't get very many mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior