1989 jeep yj □|||||||□

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
...found that leaving the anti-sway bars on helps handling on the street; disconnects are relatively cheap and easy.
Unless going to a 3 or 4 link coil suspension the panhard/trac bars are mostly useless for leaf spring suspensions.

Went so far as to get a heavier rear anti-sway bar for the TJ.... thinking about changing to a 1 1/4 inch front anti-sway bar; even the (obese) Explorer handles better than the TJ.

Enjoy!

jswift716

Adventurer
Weathers getting nicer. About ready to start throwing parts at it :) again haha
8fdf3ea88ba838e60cdb03422a71c1ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
YEP!
...'Though camping season is also nearly here, too. Kind of a double bind.
Maybe, throw parts at it one weekend; camp/try it out the next?

jswift716

Adventurer
YEP!
...'Though camping season is also nearly here, too. Kind of a double bind.
Maybe, throw parts at it one weekend; camp/try it out the next?
Yeah exactly. But with nice weather comes 70 hour work weeks lol gotta find time somewhere in there

jswift716

Adventurer
"Friend" of mine stopped over yesterday so I could look at a few things on her jku. it somehow turned into an impromptu half assed trail day / meet my family / laugh at me while I un bury this thing with the tractor after it stalled in the creek under the bridge. Haha it was a good day for sure
438ad3d34059be3ae36de05c236e9ba8.jpg

itschrisb

Nice jeep! I'll be watching this build. I just picked up a 95 YJ 4.0 5spd with some nice drivetrain upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jswift716

Adventurer
Nice jeep! I'll be watching this build. I just picked up a 95 YJ 4.0 5spd with some nice drivetrain upgrades.

Thanks man its gonna be a long slow one. You have a thread up for yours?

itschrisb

Thanks man its gonna be a long slow one. You have a thread up for yours?

Naw not yet. I'm moving into a new garage this month so progress will be slow. If it gains any momentum I may start a thread!

billiebob

My clutch is brand new but that's for sure on the list with the ax15 if I dont already have it.

I figured out today my vaccume disco for the front axle doesn't work so that'll get fixed tomorrow cheaply for the time being until I can ditch the 2 piece shaft but I got to use the winch today, I know I wasnt in the safest place but there wasnt any resistance or mud I just couldnt stop spinning on the slate bottom in the silt so dont yell at me View attachment 474224
yer technique might eliminate the need for a condom. If you couldn't pull it out without a winch, there is plenty of tension to take out yer eye if the hook slips off. Since the front axle disconnect is faulty yer crazy to place yourself in the line of fire.
What else could go wrong eh?

Last edited:

jswift716

Adventurer
yer technique might eliminate the need for a condom. If you couldn't pull it out without a winch, there is plenty of tension to take out yer eye if the hook slips off. Since the front axle disconnect is faulty yer crazy to place yourself in the line of fire.
What else could go wrong eh?
The things we do for pictures billiebob. But you dont have to tell me twice I know I've seen it happen to someone else it really wasn't as tight as it looked though for the record

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94