1988 Toyota Troopy Landcruiser 1HZ Motor Diesel

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
something does not add up. My Troopie is also a 1988, but it has the 2H and front steel grill. I don't think 1988 came with 1HZ anywhere and I am pretty sure it did not come with the plastic grill, although that's easy to retrofit.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Not too much longer before we can just import one ourselves...that's my next plan.

-H-

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Hltoppr said:
Not too much longer before we can just import one ourselves...that's my next plan.

-H-

Mine too. Check out the Oz auto traders online and they are inexpensive. The last time I was looking, I found a white one and a dune beige one for less than 7000.00 and they looked good.I see a trip to Oz HT!

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
Mine too. Check out the Oz auto traders online and they are inexpensive. The last time I was looking, I found a white one and a dune beige one for less than 7000.00 and they looked good.I see a trip to Oz HT!

Sounds like fun to me! Diesel, A/C and power steering sound nice...maybe a quick trip through the outback in the used trucks before shipping 'em....to Panama....and then drive up....

...this is how great trips begin! :yikes:

-H-

lowenbrau

Explorer
SOCALFJ said:
That's one helluva price tag on that rig..:Wow1:
Tru dat but as 2around correctly observed it is newer than 88 and undoubtedly a Euro spec model which means it will be more gently used than an Aussi version. There is about a 35% premium in NA for LHD. When you have the only game in town I suppose you can ask what you like and wait for that one buyer you need in a continent made up of a half a billion people.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
lowenbrau said:
Tru dat but as 2around correctly observed it is newer than 88 and undoubtedly a Euro spec model which means it will be more gently used than an Aussi version. There is about a 35% premium in NA for LHD. When you have the only game in town I suppose you can ask what you like and wait for that one buyer you need in a continent made up of a half a billion people.

I have no doubt that this will sell and at a premium.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Hltoppr said:
Sounds like fun to me! Diesel, A/C and power steering sound nice...maybe a quick trip through the outback in the used trucks before shipping 'em....to Panama....and then drive up....

...this is how great trips begin! :yikes:

-H-

We are there.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
gearguywb said:
Group trip followed by a group buy!

Count me in!! I'd love to have a Troopy in the garage next to my 55. I'm sure the wife would be ok with it :smilies27 Honey, we're going to AUS and...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles