1988 Toyota 4x4 + 1977 Chinook Build

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
Awesome build. Thanks for sharing.

I spotted a Chinook on the side of 54 here in El Paso this past weekend. It appeared to be broken down on the shoulder.

KLRTim

Observer
Wow Inspiring and Amazing

Truly fantastic work loved reading and following your progress:)
Hope she looks after you and you get out and about with no dramas. Safe trecking Mate.

umpqua

Observer
I've kicked around the idea of cutting off the back of my '88 land cruiser and installing a Chinook. Not sure why that wouldn't work.......

mervo

Observer
Awesome thread, fantastic build. Any updates, additions, tweaks, mods?

Thank you for your time in documenting the process and sharing it with the community.

jasonbatmon

00Y0Y_1cKhVDkChwB_600x450.jpg

I have been in love with this concept. I almost purchased this little guy this year. I was in negotiation with the owner and someone bought it out from under me! He was only asking ~$6k. :(

Awesome thread, fantastic build. Any updates, additions, tweaks, mods?

Thank you for your time in documenting the process and sharing it with the community.

Much thanks dude! Well, I only owned this beast for about a year after I completed the transformation. Shes off and having a blast in the Sierra's of Cali. The new owner hasn't had any complaints! Honestly it was the perfect weekend/week long getaway rig. The westy interior guts were key because those cats can really build thoughtful, light interiors.

Holy smokes that's a steal! Sorry to hear you missed it. I try to stay plugged into the 4x4 Chinook community and that's a new one to me. The color matching camper and cab really set it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles