1988 sportsmobile / quigley for trade

zimm

Expedition Leader
Hang on rowdy, how old are you? i hope 62, because you say youre 42 and thats a 30 year old craptastic chevy astro in the background. i thought you bought and sold vans and had plenty of money? what gives???

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
You cant go online and comp a product yourself?

Sure I could. Couple of problems with that though. I'm not in the market for a van. I don't attempt to obtain items that are not for sale. I don't haggle. I don't "do all the work" when I'm in the market for gear. And, I certainly don't pay "market value" for used cars. Ever. Period.

If it's not a bargain, then it's just more used junk for sale. World is chock-full of it. If a value isn't given, then the owner is fishing for a value. Testing the waters really. Nothing wrong with that.

I have no skin in the game here. Tell yourself anything you like. This is an auction posting plain and simple. Just not using dollars. We are glad you are having fun with it zimm. Thread wouldn't be the same without ya.

Here's an idea. How about we all chime in about what we think it is worth? It's not like we are pooping in someone's "For Sale" thread. It isn't a "For Sale" thread. Mods have stated that this thread resides firmly within a gray area. Know what? I'm starting to get on board with it. Sounds like fun. When forum policy has been created for trade threads I promise to adhere to it religiously. For now though....

If the van were for sale I'd pay up to $10K presuming that it received a favorable review from the mechanic of my choice. Unless someone offers a different opinion, then it's worth $10K. I'm really doing you a favor. It took 100+ posts to find out what this rig is worth. Now, in my opinion, it's really worth 15K. But I wouldn't ever consider purchasing it for what it's worth. Maybe others would?

However, I don't have $10K to spare, so I'd better return to cowering beneath my mommas' teat now. Or umbilical cord. Or (insert 5th grade level insult of your choice here).

Oh, and I'm sure that there are a handful of people on the forum (and probably the world in general) that would appreciate an audience if you happened to "get shafted" too zimm. I always enjoy the reaction that a classy fellow like yourself tends to exhibit when he is uncomfortable or imagines that he has been slighted (See Fireside Chat for more info).

Tell me zimm, when you are "negotiating with Algerian border crossing guards"...do you speak to them as you have been speaking to others in this thread? Inquiring minds want to know. Do you regularly refer to their mommas during these negotiations?

Purely my imagination here, but I feel that the following might be in context: "To cross I need to pay a $200 administrative fee?! Why don't you ask your momma for $200 Captain? I'll bet she keeps it nice and warm next to her panty shield! This is dumber than Nixons' night watch! Can I interest you in an authentic oriental rug instead?"

;)

zimm

Expedition Leader
Sure I could. Couple of problems with that though. I'm not in the market for a van. I don't attempt to obtain items that are not for sale. I don't haggle. I don't "do all the work" when I'm in the market for gear. And, I certainly don't pay "market value" for used cars. Ever. Period.

If it's not a bargain, then it's just more used junk for sale. World is chock-full of it. If a value isn't given, then the owner is fishing for a value. Testing the waters really. Nothing wrong with that.

I have no skin in the game here. Tell yourself anything you like. This is an auction posting plain and simple. Just not using dollars. We are glad you are having fun with it zimm. Thread wouldn't be the same without ya.

Here's an idea. How about we all chime in about what we think it is worth? It's not like we are pooping in someone's "For Sale" thread. It isn't a "For Sale" thread. Mods have stated that this thread resides firmly within a gray area. Know what? I'm starting to get on board with it. Sounds like fun. When forum policy has been created for trade threads I promise to adhere to it religiously. For now though....

If the van were for sale I'd pay up to $10K presuming that it received a favorable review from the mechanic of my choice. Unless someone offers a different opinion, then it's worth $10K. I'm really doing you a favor. It took 100+ posts to find out what this rig is worth. Now, in my opinion, it's really worth 15K. But I wouldn't ever consider purchasing it for what it's worth. Maybe others would?

However, I don't have $10K to spare, so I'd better return to cowering beneath my mommas' teat now. Or umbilical cord. Or (insert 5th grade level insult of your choice here).

Oh, and I'm sure that there are a handful of people on the forum (and probably the world in general) that would appreciate an audience if you happened to "get shafted" too zimm. I always enjoy the reaction that a classy fellow like yourself tends to exhibit when he is uncomfortable or imagines that he has been slighted (See Fireside Chat for more info).

Tell me zimm, when you are "negotiating with Algerian border crossing guards"...do you speak to them as you have been speaking to others in this thread? Inquiring minds want to know. Do you regularly refer to their mommas during these negotiations?

Purely my imagination here, but I feel that the following might be in context: "To cross I need to pay a $200 administrative fee?! Why don't you ask your momma for $200 Captain? I'll bet she keeps it nice and warm next to her panty shield! This is dumber than Nixons' night watch! Can I interest you in an authentic oriental rug instead?"

;)

I'll sum it up.

scene: >>>> JC is on a travel sight, vehicle dependent, to be precise.

He doesn't haggle, so if he has been outside of North America, he hasn't bought anything or he's been taken to the cleaners, or never left the tourist areas. I dunnknow, maybe you've been to a London Marriott. Maybe when in Reno, he likes price tags on his ladies.

He's in a trade thread, with nothing of value to trade, or nothing he wants to trade. Not that he trades anyway, he doesn't approve of such uncivilized vulgarities. Flat rates only for JC. A BJ is a BJ is a BJ. Yet he's here, on page 7, a voyeur like most of us, enjoying the action in the window, watching, even though its junk. Just junk like everything else in the world. (he's a pilosophe too) but... strangely upset, angry even, that there is a trade afoot. I HAVE NO MONEY, BUT NO PRICE TAG!?!?! Morals are crumbling like the last days of Rome! It's like he's a man in peep show, raging at the ladies, because all he has to offer is his flaccidity, while those that have, play the game of life.

He says its worth 15,000, but he'd never pay that if he wanted it. Which is odd, very odd, being that a set cost of a value is all he's really comfortable with. Considering something is worth only what someone is willing to pay and He would pay 10,000, isn't he really saying it's worth 10,000? Not 15000? But then again, he doesn't have 10000. He has nothing. He sits on the sideline... watches... grumbles, because in reality, its worth to him what he has. Nothing.

So he doesn't like trading, doesn't travel, can't buy anything, and he's under what must be his mothers impressively large nipple, (or he doesn't have workable knowledge of female anatomy), casting stones at those that can participate, and deriding all that which he cannot have as junk. Hopelessly covering his jealousy with the thin translucent veil of piety.

Good ************** lord. Who knew the anger at someone else having fun their junk existed?

zimm

Expedition Leader
For those that get pissed, think of this horror. If this is like the last thing I sold, most of the real offers come via PM, and were not even seeing those! Ah Gosh! the horror!!!! Call a MOD!!!

Hang on rowdy, how old are you? i hope 62, because you say youre 42 and thats a 30 year old craptastic chevy astro in the background. i thought you bought and sold vans and had plenty of money? what gives???
Hey Zimm, that van belonged to my best pal IronMan.. we were building it for him to drive. He was 36, a paraplegic and totally great guy... that’s what was easiest for him to get in and out of.

We were teaching a kayak class for kids with disabilities. He had an aneurism and died a month later... I leave that van exactly as it was the day he died.. it’s mine now. I drive it everywhere and it makes IronMan’s mom smile every time I see her.. so yea, say what you will about what I have. Money can’t buy the experience I had with that guy.

Also, eat ********!

You're right man, I better back down. I Don't wanna mess with a middle aged sexyman in a onesie. You get that van, and then come get me, and my last days will be spent tied up in the back of a travel van. I've lived to long to end it that way. I'm sorry, truly sorry.

View attachment 504809View attachment 504810View attachment 504811
Zimm, now that’s funny! I’m serious.. I literally started laughing.. I can laugh at me and so can you, you can tell from stalking IG, I’m not that serious... we would probably be friends. And riding around with you tied up in the back of a van would be a pleasure!

As you can tell from that pic, my nipples are already rock hard.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Zimm, I think you have that rarest of magical abilities....reading a sentence and injecting imaginary nonsense into the meaning. That's what makes you so entertaining. Perhaps you are a lawyer? Maybe a car salesman? Feel free to set me straight on this.

That said, I don't disagree with any other particular point in your tirade above (concerning me). Your information regarding my lady preferences, my mothers' nipples, my travel habits, my virility, etc. is spot on. So accurate in fact, that it reminded me of a story from my troubled youth.

Once while in my Psychiatrists' office (talking about nipples, mens' junk, and all that) we heard someone banging around and cursing in the next room. The Dr. made a joke and suggested that maybe it was one of my enemies hiding in there with the intention of learning my deepest, darkest secrets. He also stated, "I never know what's going on in that closet."

Now I think it was YOU in that room zimm. Writing down all those nasty and embarrassing things, just waiting to throw them in my face now. How evil!

You kinda remind me of a pal I used to have named James. He was a little excitable and would often make comments about my "unit" and nipples and all that. We thought it was a little off-color to just "throw sex into every situation and argument" amongst a group of dudes...but it was just the way he was.

Perhaps you know James? Years later we found out that he had spent a little time in the closet too.

another_mike

Adventurer
I can’t believe a moderator posted in this thread that a trade without a price is acceptable and people are still crying about it.... is it really that hard to simply not look at the thread?

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I can’t believe a moderator posted in this thread that a trade without a price is acceptable and people are still crying about it.... is it really that hard to simply not look at the thread?
Who's crying? If you had read the thread, you will see that I suggested that a Mod make a ruling, and one did. Crisis resolved.

Now, If you happen to think that zimm should be permitted to run his childish mouth at every person that doesn't live in zimm-world without opposition, just say so. Doesn't for one minute mean that I will take your opinions into account though. I think it's fun to get a rise out of his majesty zimm. Know what? zimm likes to get a rise out of everyone on the portal too. Turnabout is fair play.

Is it really that hard for you to simply not look at this thread another_mike?

So much hostility in this thread. Perhaps trade threads upset the serenity of the community? Naw. Silly idea.

another_mike

Adventurer
Who's crying? If you had read the thread, you will see that I suggested that a Mod make a ruling, and one did. Crisis resolved.

Now, If you happen to think that zimm should be permitted to run his childish mouth at every person that doesn't live in zimm-world without opposition, just say so. Doesn't for one minute mean that I will take your opinions into account though. I think it's fun to get a rise out of his majesty zimm. Know what? zimm likes to get a rise out of everyone on the portal too. Turnabout is fair play.

Is it really that hard for you to simply not look at this thread another_mike?

So much hostility in this thread. Perhaps trade threads upset the serenity of the community? Naw. Silly idea.
Anyone who is still bringing up the fact there is no valued price is crying. He doesn’t need one. So to continue to bring it up is useless.

Why should I not look at this thread? I like this thread, I like how people are offering trades, I like the decision on how the moderator ruled to allow it.

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
Is this still a fun for trade thread?
Seems members are ... attacking each other, and somehow, I think THAT is against the spirt of what this site is about.

This belongs in the Sandbox.

Drover

Adventurer
So this is for the guys watching the thread , and some have commented on their curiosity as far as what I’ll choose.

These are the ones I’m considering. Most of these offers have come through Instagram dm’s

Some of these are straight trades, some are trades plus cash

There’s been a lot of commotion on this thread, but i have seen some genuine interest from guys curious as to what trade I’ll make, so that’s why I’m posting.

I was even contacted by Aaron Kaufman (Ex gas monkey garage guy)

I have to say , I’m surprised at how much interest there’s been in this van, I wasn’t expecting this.

And to all the members who have made offers , thank you for your offers and interest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles