1988 Defender 110

cleansweep

Observer
All that work and they didn't convert it to LHD ? Seems pretty odd................it was a fairly straightforward job on my 84 D110 and was one of the first things we did when imported into USA..........

Tembo

topless adventures
I imagine these are relatively rare in the U.S., hence the pretty steep price. I bought my 1986 110 in Canada for only $7000 back in 2011. Admittedly, mine was in cosmetically pretty rough shape but all mechanically sound. I was a bit surprised that whoever did the rebuild chose a 2.5 turbo diesel to rebuild. These are not the most well thought of LR engine. Essentially Land Rover bolted a turbo to the 68 hp extremely reliable lump of a 2.5 diesel as a stop gap measure until they could develop the 200 and 300 Tdi engines. Most owners east of the Atlantic have replaced the turbo diesel engines with the purpose-built 200/300 Tdi's. Still, a high capacity pick up, fully rebuilt is a great truck. If I was in the market, and in the U.S. I would consider it as the value will only go up as the years go by and Defenders become rarer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles