1988 4-runner

turner

I am listing this for my brother who apparently locked the motor on my old 4-runner. I traded for his heep in december and did all maintinence prior to the trade. He apparently didn't change the oil 1 FREAKIN TIME!!!:violent-smiley-031: so the motor is locked i am assuming. With swing shift and buying a new house i have no time to fool with it so he said he would like at least 800 bucks for it. I think its an ok deal. the body is good as well as axle, trans, t-case. may be able to break the motor free but i would assume it needs a rebuild. could be a cheap good lookin rig for somebody who wants to get their hands dirty.

100_0589.jpg

Its located in cleveland, Tn. (423) 991-4671 is my number.

18seeds

Explorer
DaveInDenver said:
The 4Runners from 1984 to 1989 all have removable tops. Too bad this one is in TN.

I may be in the market for one of these very soon. I see a few around here but nothing in this condition.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
For future reference if you are spamming other boards most people don't take to it so nicely when you register to a site just to sell something. This board is a lot more good natured, but I thought I would let you know for what it's worth. Looks like an excellent truck, and bummer its is so far away..

turner

I'm new to expo portal. been lurking here for about 6 months... same with pirate4x4. i am currently wheeling a jeep and 70 bronco but am really wanting a 60 or 80 series landcruiser so this is my fav place for the tech. followed by jeepforum and ih8mud. i didnt join just to post this just helping my family out.... the tech is great here and if i can let somebody get a great truck that just needs a little motor work then i'm helping this site. i prob should post more though!!:oops: but hey i bet you guys could drive down to TN... it isnt that far.... lol

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
dieselcruiserhead said:
For future reference if you are spamming other boards most people don't take to it so nicely when you register to a site just to sell something. This board is a lot more good natured, but I thought I would let you know for what it's worth. Looks like an excellent truck, and bummer its is so far away..

its not spam unless its a commercial ad.

would you be offended if some lady had to sell dead grampas old mint FJ55 and she went to various off road sites to post up the sale? maybe some guy is going bankrupt and he has to move a rig by tomorrow or the bank gets it. maybe the first guy with 2g and a trailer gets a 10g rig. you want these sales to go elsewhere?

for future reference, i like possible deals showing up in the classified i frequent, and the last person i expect to get a screaming deal from is a cat that is a regular on the board. also, when a site earning making money to keep it going thru ads and sponsors, every hit helps to defer costs.

should guys not join just because they are shopping for a rig?

it aint like the guy posted up 10000 tubes of toothpaste.

next time you have a lead on something that would interest this board, feel free to post up turner. who knows, i may be in a buying mood.

jh504

Explorer
That truck looks great! how is the transmission & T case (mileage, ever been replaced)? I might would be interested. Which motor is in the truck now? How is the interior on it?

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Anyway....

Thanks for the post Turner, and I wasn't hopping on you, just giving a heads up in case you did post on say... pirate :) Welcome and again good looking truck...

turner

well the motor is the 3.0 v-6 and the trans t-case work great. it has about 190,000 miles on it but the trans shifts flawlessly. i have an 08 scion and the 4runner shifts much smooter. the tcase also shifts great too. I know thats kinda high miles but the truck ran like a top when i drove it. if the little things had been done i would be listing this truck much higher but my brother is a moron...... the interior is pretty decent. the reason i say it like that is because it is covered in dust from where he rode with the windows down alot and not vacummed. some tlc would clean that up. another issue in the interior is the glove box door has been cut for a CB by the PO. looks like crap but i could never find a replacement in the junk yards. i'm sure someone could find one if they looked harder or hit up ebay but it wasn't a huge deal to me. tomorrow morning i'll snap some more pics. thanks guys!! and keep explorin!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles