1987 toyota pickup

jgallo1

Adventurer
BAD NEWS for this thread, it's going away.

As luck would have it my neighbor told me he was going to sell his 1st gen taco 4x4 with the rear locker. He bought it brand new in 2004 and it has been meticulously maintained. He is 30 yrs ex-military. It has 137K. I asked him how much, he was happy to give me a very fair price in the current market. I bought it! Now I need to sell the 1987. I think its a better move in the long run.

I have been through quite a few trucks in the last few yrs. I always come back to the 1st gen taco. I just think they have the perfect combo of modern convenience and capability but not overwhelming like a modern truck. I will post the 1987 in a few days in the classifieds.

I am going to make the 2004 into a pretty capable rig.

I am having Basils Garage help me with some of the work so it gets done in a timely manner. Rather than me slowly doing it and it taking forever. I was able to switch my order for the OME suspension and ARB Bumper b/c they had not shipped yet. That just worked out. The M800 winch will work perfectly. Pretty seamless.

I am going to get a set of 16 hole steelies for the truck, It seems the fj 17" will fit and then can run a 255/ 75/17, or could stick with the 16" wheel and run a 235/85/16? Does anybody have a recommendation? I don't want to regear, so that's why I am not going to jump up to the 33" category. Let the fun begin .... I will start a new thread for the 2004

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior