1987 22re needs leafs

jgallo1

Adventurer
I just picked up a 1987 22re pickup 4x4. It needs leafs. I am going to keep the truck stock height.
I called NWOR, they said the factory that makes them is shut down b/c of Covid. I also called deaver, they will make a custom set but it will cost me.
It seems all the other places only have leafs with a lift.
Any suggestions, thanks

toastyjosh

Adventurer

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Old Man Emu makes a nice set of springs for the 1st Gen Toyota PU and 4Runner.

Just like Deaver not cheap however a quality product.

If you want stock do not order the heavy duty spring option.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
This is the stance of 25mm torsion bars and OME standard duty leaf springs (3 main + 3 progressively thicker overloads) with longer than stock shackles. It's not excessively high and would be at last an inch lower with stock length shackles.

IMG_4069_mid.jpg

IMG_4070_mid.jpg

IMG_4078_mid.jpg

jgallo1

Adventurer
This is the stance of 25mm torsion bars and OME standard duty leaf springs (3 main + 3 progressively thicker overloads) with longer than stock shackles. It's not excessively high and would be at last an inch lower with stock length shackles.

View attachment 598647

View attachment 598648

View attachment 598649
That stance looks really nice. I am really surprised at the stance height. I love OME, I used them on at least 5-6 vehicles. I always ended up at least 2" over stock.

jgallo1

Adventurer
I spoke with alcan about springs, I was surprised at the price they quoted for custom springs. it is not bad. I would not put it in the budget category but definitely alot cheaper than deaver.

jgallo1

Adventurer

I have been curious about General Springs. I have only found one review of there springs and it was so -so. Have you heard good things?

toastyjosh

Adventurer
So so, I just threw them up because you were looking for a stock pack.
Personally I would go with the deaver or the OME springs.

DaveInDenver

That stance looks really nice. I am really surprised at the stance height. I love OME, I used them on at least 5-6 vehicles. I always ended up at least 2" over stock.
It is higher than stock, about 1.5" (no additional cranked in lift, its all higher spring rate) in front and 2" in back. But realize at this point there's some miles (about 7 years old) on the suspension so was also fully settled.

DaveInDenver

Do you know much about Alcan?
Alcan are fine spring but just realize Bill is trying to sell the company so there may be some current and future hiccups.

Actually, I'm not sure what their situation is at the moment. I haven't gotten over to that side of town much lately.

jgallo1

Adventurer
I talked with the guys at Rocky Road today . They said If I cranked my Torsion bars, about 1/2" , with the medium duty OME pack, stock shackles, and Shell, the rear should about 1" over stock.
Every OME pack I have put on an older Toyota has always ended up being about 1" over what the spec is. I am a little leary. I do not want the stink bug look ha ha. The guys at Rocky Road also told me to talk will best deal spring in Utah. They are as expensive as having a custom pack made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles