1986 Mercedes 1017a camper PRICE DROP. 10k need sold ASAP

Hi all.

It saddens me to do this, but with a new career that doesn't allow me to travel the way this truck deserves, I decided to sell my beloved 1017a

Some history.

I bought this from Unimog Rob back in the spring of 2016 with 8200km on the odometer. I drove it from southeast Colorado to Minneapolis Minnesota where I started building the camper on the back. In the fall of 2016 I took it on a trip to Oregon. Once I got back, it was not drove again until fall of 2017 when I went to north Minnesota. Due to my career change in 2018, this has been parked since that trip.

The interior and exterior of the camper still need some finishing touches, as I never had time to fully finish the build.

All of the appliances are marine grade or from other highly reputable brands in the expo community.

I know the box on the back isn't for everyone, so I am willing to sell it with or without the box.

Looking for 18,000 for just the truck, or 23,000 as is. Open to reasonable offers.

This truck is located in Minneapolis Minnesota.

Good:

Structural spray foam design & special engineered lumber in frame for maximum durability and rot resistance.

Only ~15k miles.

395/85r20 michelin xzl tires.

eberspacher 5kw diesel hydronic heater that has yet to be installed.

11gal isotherm water heater (120v or hook up to radiator.)

Victron multiplus 3000

440ah lead acid batteries for camper.

2 optima yellow top for the truck.

82qt arb fridge freezer

600watt solar array

12v and 120v in the camper.

Nature's head composting toilet.

Sleeps 4

A few spare parts (oil filter, clutch cylinder)

It is currently registered as an RV, so no commercial license required.

Bad:

Needs a new door on the camper.
Box could probably use a paint job.

Last edited:
I had a build thread on here as well.

vatsacom

can you please tell me more about the truck? bhp, engine, etc. I assume this is a 4x4... so seating, gears, lockers??

Cool rig - GLWS! I'm looking at adding a second one (can I call that a fleet?) in September...

+1 on more interior photos

How is the construction holding up to all the travel? Any flex issues others warned might happen on your build thread?
How many hours on the engine?
Any rust spots to be concerned about?

Cool rig - GLWS! I'm looking at adding a second one (can I call that a fleet?) in September...

+1 on more interior photos

How is the construction holding up to all the travel? Any flex issues others warned might happen on your build thread?
How many hours on the engine?
Any rust spots to be concerned about?

The box has held up excellently.
Not sure about hours on the truck. I have put less than 200 hours on it since ownership.

These are not the best photos, but here are a few more of the interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94