I really enjoy your updates. Both the truck projects and the trip reports. Beautiful trout! and the scenery is spectacular. Your area is now on my "visit one day" list
A couple questions;
I am intrigued by your ice fishing reports. No opportunity here in Georgia for that, but it may be an option at our Colorado property. How do you know where to drill a hole and fish? What do you use for bait/lures?
Your tumbler fix, what did you do? It looks like perhaps you ground the pins off?
Thank you again for taking us along on your adventures.
Learning the lakes and the honey holes takes a lot of time. It really depends on the species your after and where they reside in the cold water. For lures, again it really depends on the species. For trout, shall bays with lots of weeds and a small jig head with some type of live bait is usually a great place to start.
For the tumbler I simply removed the broken pin. I have since picked up some spare parts and plan to fix it correctly.
Thanks for the good words, I really appreciate it.
Can you share some more pictures of that Rusty's truss system? How does that move without binding up?
A couple of different bits going into the front axle. It has an IRO truss & an old set of Rusty's long arms. The radius style arm design isn't best known for max flex. The flex comings from the pivoting joints at the frame and where the short arm connects to the long arm. It'll will definitely flex more then my wheel wells can handle, so it will work plenty for us.
It's been a hot minute, or at least it feels like it.
I picked up some more bits from the junkyard.
A set of XJ coils, isolators and bump stops. Also got some stuff from a 4runner to finish repairing the wife's unit.
Need to clean these up a bit but they'll work perfect.
Picked up some spacers to make the civic donuts work
Just* clear the calipers now
Test fitting a coil
Also picked up some perches and shock mounts for the 8.8.
The main reason all progress is dead in the water is because we turned all of this,
3 loads of vinyl plank, approx 3000 sq ft.... It's kind of ironic, we spent a good chunk of time earning that money, only to turn it something that will also take up a good chunk of time...
Truck was doing work, 3 loads at just under 3k lbs each.
We've spent every spare day for the last month doing this.
Huge upgrade over the 23 year old carpets. I can't friggin wait to get back to the normal projects though.
I have an honest 5 days left of work to get the entire house complete. After that it's back to the regular program.