Sold - 1986 FJ60 ($32k, negotiable) - Built to crawl or explore, clean and ready for a new owner

woytovich

Observer
This is a super clean rig with a LOT of extras. Everything works as it should, clean title, NYS registered and inspected. Very very well maintained. I have poured my heart and soul, blood, sweat and tears, and a ton of time and loving attention into this truck. It pains me to let it go but I'm turning 65 and my priorities are changing.

$32k (negotiable*)

Located on Long Island, NY. See details below. DM for more info & pictures if you are seriously interested.

*I AM OPEN TO NEGOTIATIONS/DISCUSSIONS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE TRUCK BUT DON'T WANT, FOR EXAMPLE, THE TOYBOX, SWAMPERS, HOLLEY SNIPER, ARB DIFFS etc...
_________

The upshot (long list of the details follows)
A hybrid, it combines comfort and capability
H55 5 speed + Split TC Marlin ToyBox (4.7)
4.56 diffs + ARB lockers
38" Swampers on beadlocks
Holley Sniper Fuel Injection
Winch, bumpers, sliders, skid plate
Clean frame and body
Comfy seats, heat/AC and a good stereo and a ********-ton more, see below $32k

The long list (buckle up)

Light grey exterior, grey interior

Clean frame - Fluid Film applied regularly

Clean body - a couple of dents, FluidFilm sprayed into body panels where possible

Repainted 2017 with single stage fleet paint in light grey to closely match original silver color - looks good, not show quality. Minimal body work was done at the time, mostly chips, small dings and dents were fixed, There was no rust, holes or anything close.

Two inch body lift

Custom high clearance rock sliders

Custom rear quarter bar work

Custom high clearance rear bumper

Rear quarter panels and rockers were cut and capped to increase clearance

Trailing edge of front wheel wells were cut and capped to provide clearance for tires w/ Shackle Reversal

Crum’s Custom Welding custom heavy duty skid plate

Crum’s Custom Welding custom high clearance front winch mount bumper

Warn M12k winch, replaced solenoids with under hood mounted Warn Contactor, includes hand controller plus added in-cab controls.
Winch motor replaced with new and gear assembly cleaned and regreased with Warn spec’d grease - 2015

Winch recessed back into cowl to help increase approach angle

Winch power is protected by a 500a fuse and the logic side of the contactor is enabled by a dash switch

Hella Superhorns with relay harness

OEM Euro sideview mirrors

IPF quartz headlight housings and relay harness

LED bulbs in most interior and exterior lights including gauge cluster

Custom footwell led light system controlled by door switches, ignition and timed relays with manual overrides to mimic modern auto interior light systems.

Aux USB power ports

Replaced normally cracked heater bezel with custom aluminum bezel

Windshield replaced - 2016

Crazy low-low gear ratio at the wheels 235:1 (see details below)

Rear hatch LED lighting (to illuminate tailgate area when both are open)

Piston hood struts hold up the hood

Replaced rear hatch struts with full/stronger lift

Engine:

Original 2F in great running condition

Speedo was swapped out ages ago. About 170k on the engine.

Holley Sniper Fuel injection - 2019

Jim C @ TLC Performance desmogged with smog pump eliminator pulley - 2017

Replaced radiator - 2016

Upgraded to 144a alternator

Under hood LED lighting

Under hood electrical distribution box contains fuses and relays for all electrical systems

Transmission:

New H55f 5 speed manual transmission - 2014

New Marlin ToyBox with 4.7 low range - 2014

Stock split transfer case

New OEM clutch

Twin sticks control transfer case hi/low and 2/4wd

Custom shifter for ToyBox

Rebuilt/retubed driveshafts

Axles:

Stock housings

Front shackle reversal

Front knuckles, bearings, seals and brakes all rebuilt with OEM parts - 2016

Rear bearings, seals and brakes all rebuilt with OEM parts - 2016

Longfield front axle shafts and birfields

4.56 geared diffs with ARB lockers front and rear

3” Alcan springs

4plus Products U bolt flip kits

Anti-inversion shackles

Tires and wheels

Five 38” Supers Swamper TSLs on 16” Procomp wheels with weld-on beadlocks, Dynabead balanced. Tires and wheels are in great shape, spare was just rotated on for the first time.

Steering

Saginaw power steering pump on Georg Esterer bracket with new high pressure line - 2018

Toyota steering box professionally rebuilt by West Texas Off Road - 2018

Budbuilt heavy duty tie rod, sleeved relay rod, new ends all around when installed.

On-board air system

ExtremeAir compressor

In dash ARB switches, harness modified to allow independent locking for front and rear lockers

In dash controller for air up/down system

Tire air up/down system

Custom designed and built system combines electric air solenoid valves, an in-dash switch and digital pressure gauge. Air is plumbed to air chucks at all 4 corners then via 4 short air hoses to the wheels using all high flow quick connectors. System is controlled from the comfort of driver’s seat to air up or down. All 4 tires end up at the exact same pressure.

Interior:

I bought the truck without the under-hood air conditioning system. Missing components were replaced with new - 2014. AC worked great but needs a recharge at the moment.

Scion XB seats in excellent shape - cloth, deep bolsters that really hold you in the seat!

Carpets are in ok functional shape
All floors were Rhino lined by the previous owner,

Rear seat and seatbelts deleted, carpeted platform added: storage underneath for spare driveshafts, tie/relay rod, axle shafts keeping that weight down low. Top of the platform has tie-down points to secure tool, spare parts and recovery gear boxes

Cargo side panels replaced with plywood panels with access doors.

Tailgate has a WagonGear storage door installed

Tie down points installed in cargo area to secure spare tire.

Highlift securely mounted to tops of rear wheel wells - easy access and removal.

Metal grid installed over driver’s side cargo area side window holds Molle pouches etc.

Jensen Heavy Duty head unit with Aux in, NOAA weather etc

Polk speakers in doors with Polk tweeters at corners of dash

Tuffy center console with 2 AUX cig sockets on the sides

Passenger side dash grab handle

A pillar grab handles

Turn signal/wiper steering column assembly replaced with one from a mini-truck in order to upgrade to an intermittent wiper switch
Aux fuse panel for interior electronics mounted in glove box

The Bad:

Springs are very flexy, which is great for getting the axles all twisted up in the rocks but can lead to lots of body roll in off camber situations. I have the OEM sway bar that can be reinstalled.

Holes in transmission hump for the twin stick shifters could be made tighter to lessen noise intrusion.

Transfer case fill plug hole has partially stripped threads. I have been using an expandable rubber stopper (an known solution) without any leak issues.

Some ripples and shallow dents in the body from previous wheeling.

Extras:
I will include all of the FJ60 specific spare parts that I have here.

$32,000

My60.jpg

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
This is crazy. I see so many rigs on here with a tent bolted to the top. This rig looks to be well built with mods that actually work. It's got fuel injection on a crazy reliable engine, lockers, a crawl box, solid suspension... and it seems as though the owner has actually put good useful miles on this setup after modifying to ensure it works. I agree with @hudd07 . Post over on IH8MUD and this will sell quickly. That's a Land Cruiser specific site with members who rock crawl.

DickM

just a member
Bump for unique and well built 60 series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles