Sold. - 1985 1stgen 4Runner

v8turbo

Sold

If you are looking - you know and understand the time and money invested
and how much of a deal this Gen 1 4Runner is. 1700 street miles on vehicle since full rebuild less than one year ago. Clean Colorado Title. Passes emissions by a mile.
Factory OEM AC, LED Internal lights, LED headlights, Rear Warn power plug for rear winch or jumper cables, Blue Sea power interrupt switch for rear power.
This is not a SEMA build for the show, I built it to last forever. The final stage would be to paint. I have all new front windshield mouldings to beused when the vehicle is painted - they go with it. Front seats are new and have been covered. SR5 Rear seats were covered since new. I added new Wet Okole Seat covers and new seat belts. New Carpet, full Dyna mat on tub plus Dyna pad on front. Misc interior blems..etc. It's not Factory New.
Full Drivetrain Replacement with all new parts. 22RE Performance motor – every option available, Marlin Crawler, ARB, WARN, OEM Toyota, TRD, RCV, Hella Horn, Trail Gear, AllPro, Optima, Blue Sea, Factor55, Wet Okole, Rigid Industries, Old Man Emu, ...etc. Only the best used.
Items Replaced/New -22RE Motor, NEW Cooling System(OEM Radiator and water pump), NEW Charging System(OEM Alternator), New Starter, OEM AC, Old Man Emu Suspension, Brakes(upgraded V6 calipers, rotors, dual diaphragm booster, Master Cylinder, High Steering, Exhaust/Muffler, Catalytic Converter, ARB Front Bumper, Trail Gear Rear Bumper, Warn 8000S Winch, Lights, RCV Axles, Bearings, Seals, Gaskets, Knuckles, Differentials, Ring & Pinion, New Custom CV Drive Shafts, HD Marlin Transmission, HD Marlin Transfer case with 4.71 Low, Wheels, Tires, Trail Gear Side Rails, Hella Horn, Gaskets, Hoses, Belts, OEM Bolts, Etc.... All new parts.
Professional installation by a master Toyota tech that does the motor installs for 22RE Performance in Chico California. I shipped the 4Runner to Chico for all mechanical work.
-22RE Performance - I asked Jim to build the motor to last a lifetime. I said - Don't even ask, just add every upgrade available. Everything new. The best valves, Pistons, Injectors, balanced, blueprinted...etc. The motor is so smooth and revs very nicely. Professionally broken in before I even shipped it back.
NEW PARTS:
-Marlin Crawler - HD 5 speed with Marlins short shifter kit.
-Marlin Crawler - HD Transfer Case. 4.71 low upgrade
-Marlin Crawler - V6 front calipers, Rotors
-Marlin Crawler - V6 1.5 Bore Master Brake Cylinder
-Marlin Crawler - High Steer
-Marlin Crawler - 4.88 Ring and Pinion/Full rebuild on axles
-Marlin Crawler – Welded Diff Covers Front and Rear
-OEM Toyota Dual Diaphragm Brake Booster
-OEM - Alternator
-Old Man Emu 2.5" Suspension kit
-Bilstein 5100 Shocks(extra pair in box)
-Wheelers Off Road Super Bump/Bump Stops on front
-Warn M8000S
-Factor 55 Prolink/Offset Fairlead
-ARB - Deluxe Winch Bumper
-Trail Gear Rear Bumper
-All Pro - Sliders
-Offgrid Engineering Custom Dual Battery System - In cab Switch
-Optima Yellow Top Batterie and Deka Intimidator
-Low Range Off Road battery- Box Powder Coated
-Pro Comp Wheels
-Goodyear MTR’s 33x12.50x15
-Blue Sea - Below Deck Panel in Rear for USB/Cig power
-Blue Sea - Fuse block for individual fused accessories, dedicated power interrupt, Rear Switch interrupt for Warn Plug
-Spider Trax - Toyota Wheel Spacers
-RCV - Front Axles
-Rigid Industries, 2 Aux - Dually Side Shooter's
-LED Headlights
---Much Much more of OEM parts, OEM bolts, OEM plastic pieces.....etc.

I am sure I missed a lot - but you get the idea.

IMG_0582-M.jpg

IMG_3890-L.jpg

IMG_5311-M.jpg

IMG_5312-L.jpg

IMG_8935-XL.jpg

IMG_5330-M.jpg

IMG_0040-M.jpg

IMG_3911-M.jpg

IMG_3913-XL.jpg

IMG_5315-M.jpg

IMG_0051-L.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0448-M.jpg

IMG_3626-M.jpg

IMG_3830-640.mp4

IMG_4731-L.jpg

IMG_4726-L.jpg

IMG_4725-L.jpg

IMG_4728-L.jpg

IMG_4730-L.jpg

IMG_4715-L.jpg

Last edited:

v8turbo

Beautiful truck. Curious, after such a well-thought out buildup, what is driving the sale? Going a different direction?
I have too many trucks and starting out on a new Full Size build. This 4Runner is too well done to have it sit. Might as well get it someplace where it will be used.

nomad661

Holy crap. I don't have that kinda spare change but that is easily one of the nicest 1st gens I've seen recently!

koifish

You build some nice 4Runners! I still remember the one you listed/sold a few months ago. Clean machines! GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spliffgates

Beautiful build! Have you dyno’d the new engine to see how much power it has above the stock amount? Also, with all the mods approx what kind of gas mileage are you seeing?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Great Runner! Sorry but I have to ask... Why did you do gray carpet and seat covers with a tan interior? Were you planning to change everything to gray? Both Wet Okole covers and carpet kits are available in tan. Again, I’m not judging your build as you’ve gone above and beyond mechanically, but I just don’t get the mix’n don’t match interior in a build of this nature.

I’m going to hazard a guess that they’re leftovers from another Runner?

shellb

Adventurer
Hi there a couple of quick comments!

First the embedded .gif is amazing...never seen that before here. Next level!

Second I had success Monstaliner my rear panels to both restore the faded look and create some strength to aid brittleness of the old plastic!

0DA54764-77F7-4EFA-81C0-A3BAA2B6F4F1.jpeg

Best of luck with the sale! Hope it stays around town.

v8turbo

Great Runner! Sorry but I have to ask... Why did you do gray carpet and seat covers with a tan interior? Were you planning to change everything to gray? Both Wet Okole covers and carpet kits are available in tan. Again, I’m not judging your build as you’ve gone above and beyond mechanically, but I just don’t get the mix’n don’t match interior in a build of this nature.

I’m going to hazard a guess that they’re leftovers from another Runner?
Good catch

v8turbo

Beautiful build! Have you dyno’d the new engine to see how much power it has above the stock amount? Also, with all the mods approx what kind of gas mileage are you seeing?
Jim at 22RE dynos the motors . If I remember - they are 20+ Hp over stock . Motors are built to run hundreds of thousands of miles . Everything was built to last so not really designed to do wheelies. As for mileage - no tests yet but it sips fuel . Lots of range .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz