197_ RHD Troopie

just eric

Adventurer
1975 RHD Troopie

I was driving home from California this past week when I spied a white Troopie for sale on the side of the road. I stopped to take a look and the truck looked to be in pretty good condition with little to no rust visible. The truck was imported from Autralia and has a 6 cylinder motor (although the title says diesel). I contacted the owner and was told he wants ~13k. I think he said it is a 1975. I have the guys phone number and some photos I took if anyone is interested.

I am not affiliated in any way with this seller, just passing on what I know.

Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
While I don't think I can afford it at this time I'd love to see some pics if you are willing to post them up.

cheers

just eric

Adventurer
Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0507small.jpg
    IMG_0507small.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0503small.jpg
    IMG_0503small.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0504small.jpg
    IMG_0504small.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0505small.jpg
    IMG_0505small.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0506small.jpg
    IMG_0506small.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 164

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Small World...

I was driving home from California this past week when I spied a white Troopie for sale on the side of the road.
LOL! I just about ran off the road when I spied that troopie from the highway last week.
I said to myself, "I'll bet that thing will be posted on Expo soon".

Definitely a head turner! :drool:

nargun

Adventurer
If the car was originally registered in Australia (and is intact) it will have a compliance plate riveted in the engine bay (usually near the top of the fire wall) which will have the month and year of compliance with the Australian Design Regulations (ADR’s) stamped on it. In Australia the date on the compliance plate is used to determine the year and month of the car

It may be a 1975 model; definitely no earlier than mid 1974 compliance.

In mid 1974 road signs in Australia were changed to metric. Cars built between about 1972 to the date of the change in 1974 all showed both imperial and metric speeds on the speedo. As this car has a metric speedo it would be definitely complianced later than late 1974 (allowing for sales of pre change vehicles)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles