1979 Unimog with Overland Trailer on BAT

marret

1979_mercedes-benz_unimog_416_16183267132c4410a321339bKLTH2203.jpg

1979 MOG BaT Listing Link

No affiliation.

marret

There does not seem to be any way to get the spare tires down or back up.

Per the seller on BAT in answering a question about it:
”Getting down is the easy part, getting it up requires 2 strong guys or a roof mounted mini winch which is what I was going to mount next.”

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Those tires seem mounted awful high for a couple of guys to just lift up. Those tires must weight at least 150lbs plus the weight of the wheels so over 200lbs. Just being held on the wall with three lug nuts.
25 K miles is not a lot of Global traveling. He says it comes with a high lift jack. With the height of the truck I would not want to run a jack that high.

Something just is not right.

mladden

Michael Ladden
Not sure if Mep just doesn’t like me or what, as stated the tire is very heavy. I will agree. In fact it is closer to 280 pounds. Getting it down is easy. Getting it up is not. I actually use a ramp, which is not conducive when on the road- unless you are in the states and then triple A has worked well. I had planned to add a winch on the roof.

not sure about the 25k comment, are we rating overland travel by miles now? The truck has been all over North America. I have been to 90 plus countries on 5 continents but it isn’t about that. Just get out there and explore and have fun.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Not sure if Mep just doesn’t like me or what, as stated the tire is very heavy. I will agree. In fact it is closer to 280 pounds. Getting it down is easy. Getting it up is not. I actually use a ramp, which is not conducive when on the road- unless you are in the states and then triple A has worked well. I had planned to add a winch on the roof.

not sure about the 25k comment, are we rating overland travel by miles now? The truck has been all over North America. I have been to 90 plus countries on 5 continents but it isn’t about that. Just get out there and explore and have fun.
Nothing to do with like or not. Pointing out there does not seem to be a way to change a flat tire is just a rational observation. GLWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier