1979 Unimog 416 camper

JumpJ

Adventurer
been sitting for a long time in Boulder. The living area is amazing. The truck cab is rough.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I think the truck got sold to a guy in Maryland . . . about the time I got interested in it.

JumpJ

Adventurer
Onwers of the MOG

They are are German couple living in AZ. Apparently great folks who love to tell their tale. If you want I can look hard for their information as I have it somewhere.

JumpJ

Adventurer
Mike-Given you knew it was for sale for the last two years I'm surprised you did not pick it up. Not as nice as yours by a long shot but the living area was amazing in it.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
been sitting for a long time in Boulder. The living area is amazing. The truck cab is rough.

Since there don't seem to be any pictures available, can you please tell us what made the living area amazing? Workmanship? Design and layout?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Thanks. Somehow I scrolled right past the 'Gallery' links in the middle of their page...

I kinda like the rustic wood look. Nice departure from the sterile Ikea look that prevails, but it does make it feel a little more cramped.

JumpJ

Adventurer
Interior

4__roof_hatch_open_1.jpg2__Unimog_hatch_workshop.jpg12__Unimog_inside_rear.jpg

Hopefully the pics come in here. I am not a technical person. The roof opens for night time enjoyment. The bed folds out of the wall. There is a desk and sitting area. All the kicthen and plumbing at one end. Cupboards that actually hold enough goodoes. I found the cab and engine to be in rough condition but the living space was basically designed by a very intelligent person with long travels in mind. I would say it was an early version of a Unicat long before Unicat was born. Door for accessing the cab. I actually paid for the tires that are brand new in the deal I was that serious about this but Unimogs are a beast unto themselves and this vehicle will not do 65-70mph even with the fast axles. Quite cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles