1979 Mercedes-Benz G240 Diesel

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Yes, indeed; it does look handsome. Are you going up to buy it for yourself or merely to inspect it for the rest of us? :sombrero:

The auction is the collection of a guy with 139 cars. When I saw that this morning, I immediately pointed it out to my wife as evidence I wasn't so bad after all, and we had 120+ vehicles to go before she should be complaining. ;)

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
There is also 12 or more Mercedes 300TD wagons and sedans for sale, a lot of Mazda 323 GTX, westfalias, lots of cool stuff

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
Yes, indeed; it does look handsome. Are you going up to buy it for yourself or merely to inspect it for the rest of us? :sombrero:

The auction is the collection of a guy with 139 cars. When I saw that this morning, I immediately pointed it out to my wife as evidence I wasn't so bad after all, and we had 120+ vehicles to go before she should be complaining. ;)

Awful, awful tempting. Powerful tempting...

Used the same logic on my wife. Probably with the same results.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
The G240 sold for $15,813. That was by far one of the most uppity prices in an auction where lots of stuff went for under $2000.

It's pretty interesting to page through the auction results

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12

and see the prices the different lots went for. It's undoubtedly for the best I don't have 50 acres with a bunch of outbuildings (or the requisite fix-up talent), because some of the stuff went pretty cheap. $575 for a driveable Wagoneer with a diesel conversion? $805 for a Eurovan? $518 for a running/driving 300D wagon? I know much this stuff was in pretty rough shape, but still . . .

Riptide

Explorer
The G240 sold for $15,813. That was by far one of the most uppity prices in an auction where lots of stuff went for under $2000.

It's pretty interesting to page through the auction results

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12

and see the prices the different lots went for. It's undoubtedly for the best I don't have 50 acres with a bunch of outbuildings (or the requisite fix-up talent), because some of the stuff went pretty cheap. $575 for a driveable Wagoneer with a diesel conversion? $805 for a Eurovan? $518 for a running/driving 300D wagon? I know much this stuff was in pretty rough shape, but still . . .

Ugh... I wasn't going to look. That trashed my day... Good thing I like you so much Mike!

bri

Adventurer
\$575 for a driveable Wagoneer with a diesel conversion? $805 for a Eurovan? $518 for a running/driving 300D wagon? I know much this stuff was in pretty rough shape, but still . . .

But still you could not pay be 575 to take that rust bucket jeep with a horrific red interior. That thing is bad.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
But still you could not pay be 575 to take that rust bucket jeep with a horrific red interior. That thing is bad.

TB12_r188_03.jpg

My son, I'll have you know that 25 years ago, that would have been considered a very stylish interior. :sombrero:

And in another 25 years, it might be again. (Though I'm kind of hoping not.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94