1979 GMC 4WD

Vial Style

The interior was already sheeted in ugly, painted paneling. It was, however in good condition so this was my solution. T&G Cedar, glued and nailed. I can do ALOT of stuff, but wood work is definitely my weak point...but it turned out pretty good.. I still have to complete the sliding door, and upper corners. There will be benches/storage/etc built on the lower sections, thats why I didn't extend the cedar to the floor.

I also screwed down some E-Track for my wheel chock.

Vial Style

The floor looks good. I considered similar products. Is it peel'n stick or click? We used a similar click product in a rental and it turned out well. I found it to be durable, but to mar easily if sharp metal edges scrape across it.

I ended up buying vinyl garage flooring in a big role from Costco... Not installed yet... Too many protects in the way.

I used Allure Trafficmaster from Home Depot. It's floating so to speak, but each length is adhered to the next along a small strip.
It seems to scuff easily, as you can see in the photos, but does seem to clean up decently. Time will tell. At least it will be easy to remove if I find a better alternative.

Vial Style

Scored a free set of Lightforces and mount that worked out perfect.

Still hammering away at some of the small annoyances... the vague steering (crossover steering is in the works,) and tracking down numerous water leaks into the cab....

Lunchbox2

Explorer
She's coming along! My build has taken much longer than anticipated, but everything has been rebuilt and we are FINALLY starting to put it together now. I just love how these vans look sitting up on mud tires....

Vial Style

She's coming along! My build has taken much longer than anticipated, but everything has been rebuilt and we are FINALLY starting to put it together now. I just love how these vans look sitting up on mud tires....

I've been following your build here, and on Pirate. I'm stoked on what you've got going on!

What size tires are you planning to use?

Vial Style

Did a crossover steering conversion today with parts from northwestfab.com. Everything fit perfectly, and their service is fantastic.

When this van was originally converted, it retained the stock van steering box, unlike some of the other conversions out there. The goofy angle of the sector shaft, combined with an oddly bent pitman arm made driving at speed a fairly exciting experience.....

Lunchbox2

Explorer
That's one of my next purchases now that I almost have the front axle in-place on mine. I think I'm going to use DIY4X.com for the crossover/high-steer set up? I like how thick his arms are, and there's no bushings to weld in, the pipe itself is threaded for the one ton tie rod ends. I realized how big mine is going to be though, HOLY CRAP, my head is at the bottom of the windshield... lol

Vial Style

That's going to look amazing!
Even on 32's, it's a step and a pull to get inside mine...
I went with NWF because they are Canadian (the current exchange rate is horrendous) and convenient. I had to go with a Reid Racing knuckle because of the D44....

That's one of my next purchases now that I almost have the front axle in-place on mine. I think I'm going to use DIY4X.com for the crossover/high-steer set up? I like how thick his arms are, and there's no bushings to weld in, the pipe itself is threaded for the one ton tie rod ends. I realized how big mine is going to be though, HOLY CRAP, my head is at the bottom of the windshield... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier