1979 Bluebird Wanderlodge for sale

nranger05

Whether used as a base camp while towing your ORV or for overlanding across North America, this rugged vehicle can do it! Built by the Bluebird school bus company, the Wanderlodges were assembled from the ground up as top-of-the-line motorhomes. This lodge, with all steel construction, is a testament to American industrial prowess. The interior is original and in very good condition. Interior improvements include new twin mattresses in the aft sleeping area, new fridge, toilet, and some conversion to LED interior lighting. A new backup camera and monitor have also been installed.

The Lodge is 33' long with a front mounted CAT 3208 Diesel engine and four speed Allison automatic transmission and rear wheel drive. The engine was completely gone over a couple of years ago and new Diesel injectors were installed at that time. At 33' and a short wheel base, it is easy to maneuver.

Amenities include two cabin A/C, stove, oven, and microwave, safe, three cabin heating systems: radiant, LP and electric, all copper plumbing, built-in counter top blender, central vacuum, sleeps 6.

With less than 94,000 miles, the coach is well maintained and ready to roll down the highway. It has always been a California registered vehicle and is now located in Hayward, CA.

The Kohler onboard generator and the cab A/C currently are not working and will need service. Asking price is $15,250.00 or best offer.

DSC00411 (640x373).jpg
DSC00406 (640x299).jpg
DSC00405 (640x480).jpg
DSC00543 (640x277).jpg
DSC00544 (640x480).jpg
DSC00545 (640x480).jpg
DSC00546 (640x480).jpg

gabepari

Explorer
My mom has almost the EXACT same bus. These things are really cool and I've been fantasizing about owning one for while now... Does it have the PA system with the songbook?

Wish you were a little closer so I could crawl around in it and get so excited I just HAVE to buy it :) A pusher would be ideal, but they are really hard to find.

Gabe

nranger05

This "Lodge" has the PA system but the musical chimes system is not installed on this unit...unfortunately. Yeah, these are terrific machines and exciting to crawl around and discover all the neat stuff in them. I also have all of the original manuals in the infamous "blue box" and a CD with additional manuals and schematics as well. You're not that far away, Gabe. Come on by and drool over this Wanderlodge.

Tom

FAW3

Adventurer
Our family has enjoyed our '85 FC Wanderlodge for over 12 years...and about 75k miles. Built "back in the day" with the best of materials and design...and built like a tank. As I recall our 33' is 28k pounds of rolling steel and not a staple or bit of particleboard to be found inside.

We rarely camp or do a road trip without getting questions or waves from "fans".

My wife and kids would riot if we ever considered selling it!!!

Good luck with sale!

nranger05

These motorhomes are real conversation starters. People always stop by the campsite to inquire and they often think the "lodge" is a bus conversion. They are amazed at the quality of these factory built cruisers. Enjoy your '85 FC and thanks for the good wishes on the sale of mine.

Our family has enjoyed our '85 FC Wanderlodge for over 12 years...and about 75k miles. Built "back in the day" with the best of materials and design...and built like a tank. As I recall our 33' is 28k pounds of rolling steel and not a staple or bit of particleboard to be found inside.

We rarely camp or do a road trip without getting questions or waves from "fans".

My wife and kids would riot if we ever considered selling it!!!

Good luck with sale!

kerry

Expedition Leader
I owned an 82 35' Wanderlodge. Very nice bus. Contrary to popular rumor, there was OE particleboard in mine. Well built nonetheless.

nranger05

1979 Wanderlodge SOLD!

The Wanderlodge has gone to a good home. Thanks for your interest and all the best to you in your travels.

NYCO

Adventurer
Another one

I had never seen one of these and I saw one driving by the other day. Thought it might be the same one, but looks like slightly different paint. It's in CO, but says Idaho and CA on the front. Pretty cool looking.

IMAG1282.jpg
IMAG1280.jpg
IMAG1283.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94