1977 Toyota Chinook 2wd

T.Low

Expedition Leader
NOT AFFILIATED; just wanted to help out any fellow members that may be looking for such a rare unit. Could be a good candidate for a 4x4 conversion.

66,000 miles, $9,999. (Have no idea what the value is on one of these.)

I drove by it yesterday at my local rv shop. Looks real good. Body looks good, interior looks excellent.

http://www.vacationland-rv.com/default.aspx?html=inventory-cclass.html

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I can put a set of eyes on it to verify any of the dealer's claims for any expo members before you fly out to buy it. It's only a mile from my house.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Does look very nice. Price is quite high in my opinion.

Yeah, it might be high for a 33 yr old vehicle, even if all the items are in working condition. But really, I don't know the market well enough to guesstimate.

If it's a consignment vehicle, they probably don't have much room. If they took it in on trade for a newer rig, you know they gave the guy $1750 credit towards the new rig for it.

I wonder what these went for new back then; $15,000?

I have no idea what it's worth....but I did have to chuckle at the "Safety Features" listing :)

May as well have listed "no" :)

Once again, my sense of humor has overwhelmed me.

llaskin

I've owned a few Chinooks and I follow their market closely and I can say with confidence that this is way overpriced. The only way it is worth that much is if it has had a frame-up restoration. It should be under $3000 with that millage and in decent condition. In that price range (under $3k), these are great little rigs. I would highly recommend them.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Ha! Small world! I saw that chinook a week ago while driving through Bellingham. The dealer was closed so I didn't get to see the inside but it appeared to be in great shape.

When that Chinook was for sale at the dealer in Ferndale they were asking $2400 for it . I tried responding to their Craigslist ad , however they had just sold it to the RV dealer in Bellingham. Seems like quite a price jump!

T.Low

Expedition Leader
When that Chinook was for sale at the dealer in Ferndale they were asking $2400 for it . I tried responding to their Craigslist ad , however they had just sold it to the RV dealer in Bellingham. Seems like quite a price jump!

Wow, I guess Iowa Street is the high rent district, but thats redonkulous!

Thats good general info, thanks for posting it.

Would a CarFax show that the vehicle had gone thru multiple stealerships like that?

Toyotero

Explorer
I've owned a few Chinooks and I follow their market closely and I can say with confidence that this is way overpriced. The only way it is worth that much is if it has had a frame-up restoration. It should be under $3000 with that millage and in decent condition. In that price range (under $3k), these are great little rigs. I would highly recommend them.

Ditto on the price. I paid $1800 for one that I had, and sold it for $2500... that Chinook is great looking one, but the price is just stupid unless it has a 3RZ and SAS in it... which is does not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior