1977 GMC Jimmy (K5 Blazer) LS Swap, Turn-key Overland Rig (SOLD)

Begz

1977 GMC Jimmy (K5 Blazer) LS Swap, Complete Modern Drivetrain, Turn-key Overland build

Yukon Entry.jpg

I built this truck as my ultimate old school cool, bug out, overland, camping, go anywhere rig. This truck has been converted to a completely modern and beefed up drivetrain for better power and reliability. It drives insanely smooth and get 16-18 MPG. I've driven it all over the Southwest in the past 3 years, including trips to Colorado, Utah, and California, and wouldn't hesitate driving it across the country. It cruises as good at 90 as it does at 55.
Truck rides amazing compared to the stock suspension and drives great.

Interior is mostly original, seats are from a 2000 Silverado, console from a 2016 Silverado, fiberglass top has been refurbished and is carpet lined with custom headliner, insulation and LED lighting. Rear Carpet is new, and the front carpet is original and is showing its age, however I have all new carpet kit included (never got around to installing).

Body of the truck is original and has original paint and trim. Truck is amazingly straight for its age. There is one small rock rash on the lower drivers door.

Vehicle History:
The truck was purchased new by Ray Schnepf, of Ray Schnepf Farms in 1977 and was his personal vehicle till motor issue left it sitting in a barn for 20 years. Purchase includes full documentation including original title and sticker. Vehicle still has Schneph Farms emblem on the dash. Fun history, and proof of AZ vehicle.

Drivetrain:

2004 5.3 Vortec sourced from a Tahoe. Engine was cleaned up, all new accessories, all new plugs, wires, coils.
Stainless works LS Swap headers, custom exhaust. Back half was completely redone with true dual Black Widow mufflers and custom exit (9/2018).
4L60E transmission, fresh rebuild, B&M Shifter.
208 Transfer Case, New seals
Front Dana 44, Converted to 8-lug with completely new 3/4 ton parts from the housing to the hub, trussed, Yukon Chromoly shafts, Yukon super joints, 4.88 Gears, Yukon Grizzly Locker, Disc Brakes.
Rear GM 14-Bolt, Stock shafts, 4.88 Gears, Yukon Grizzly Locker, Disc Brakes w/ Parking brake.
Custom rear driveshaft

Suspension:
Front suspension has been converted to a 3-link setup which has 14" of travel. It's using a Bronco style coil spring and shock setup. This is adjustable for ride height.
Bilstein 5165 Remote Reservoir shocks
Wild Horses Coil Springs
Ruffstuff bump stops.
Custom 1 ton steering.
Rear suspension is traditional leaf setup. 64" Deaver ¾ ton springs, shackle flip, upgraded shackles and mounts.
Bilstein 5165 Remote Reservoir shocks
Custom shock mounts
Custom bump stops, mounts
Belltech sway bar, fully custom mounts and links
1" Zero rate add-a-leaf block

Miscellaneous:
Completely new Brake system, master cylinder from 1999 ¾ Chevy truck, power booster from 1980 Chevy Truck, Disc/Disc proportioning valve, new hard lines.
New A/C system, blows ice cold
All gauges work
Wheel Vintiques 16x8 Wheels
BFGoodrich KM2 All Terrains 315/85/16 (35x12.50)
Odyssey Dry Cell battery 8/2018
Poly Trans Mount
Custom Tablet/Phone/Laptop mount
USB SD Card capable Radio
Multiple charging ports for devices
9" CREE front driving lights
Rear back-up/auxillary Lights
ARB Rear Awning, custom mount
Custom rear Tire carrier with gas can/water can rack, hi-lift jack mount and jack
Old School Warn Winch Bumper w/ Engo 10,000LB winch, wireless remote
LED Headlights
New Grill w/ custom GMC emblem
Custom billet badging

There is simply too much to list all that has been done to this truck.

Reason for selling is that I have bought a new project vehicle and need the room in the garage. I had planned to keep the truck long term, but a deal came up that I couldn't refuse.
Price is $20,000 OBO. Serious Buyers only, Please.

See Craigslist ad for more pictures.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/1977-gmc-jimmy-k5-blazer-ls/6712093945.html

Begz

Vehicle has sold! Thanks for all the interest and kind words.

On to the next rig, a 71 Bronco!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94