1977 GMC Jimmy High Sierra

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Just picked this up over the weekend, 1977 GMC Jimmy High Sierra with the gold/yellow trim, blue plaid interior, a/c, cruise, dealership installed roll bar, with detachable off-road lights. it has 126,000 original miles, was picked up at an estate auction from the guy i bought it from, he pulled the tank and had it blasted, replaced the fuel lines and pump, changed the diff fluids, changed the tires/wheels (it was already lifted). Right now the plans are to finish cleaning it and more maintenance. It has a 400/400/203 with Dana 44 front 12 bolt rear with 3.73's.

CKnxTnT.jpg

m1J2gyF.jpg

IOhFG5c.jpg

VOj0kwZ.jpg

s3CDjqc.jpg

zx6Pplc.jpg

3GVijgZ.jpg

0QvORNN.jpg

h0jjTqf.jpg

I already ordered a part time kit for the NP203 and locking hubs for the front, the starter is acting up so i am doing the Ferd starter solenoid upgrade, i am thinking about getting a spartan locker and throwing it in the rear for now.

Oilbrnr

I have the Chevy twin to that. Same exterior and interior. A/C, factory tach, 350/465/205. I swapped in the later highback seats though. Originals sitting on a shelf. Bought mine from the original owner here in Phoenix. I wish I could find a perfect '77 grill for it, anyone out there have one? :D

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
I have the Chevy twin to that. Same exterior and interior. A/C, factory tach, 350/465/205. I swapped in the later highback seats though. Originals sitting on a shelf. Bought mine from the original owner here in Phoenix. I wish I could find a perfect '77 grill for it, anyone out there have one? :D

Nice

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

This company has everything.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Don't do the part time kit! It really ruins the transfer case and doesn't give you much improvement in fuel economy! Swap to a real part time case if you can't live with the 203! You will probably blow up the front output bearing of the case once you convert it so you'll be swapping anyway!

If you do decide to install the part time kit please contact me so you can send me the differential pieces you remove!

Those trucks really drive nice when in full time mode if your ball joints and all your u-joints are tight...

Oilbrnr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles