1977 Chevrolet Blazer K5 Chalet Camper - $23500

eporter

Adventurer
Amazing shape

“1977 K5 blazer Cheyenne 4x4 factory Chalet
Camper . 100% original paint and rust free true survivor. Purchased from owner of 25+ years
400-V8 122k actual miles runs &drives great Will take you anywhere your Westfalia won’t. “

773f3a16f53b5203ece35a62e784a3cd.jpg

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Been delinquent on venturing into ExPo for quite a while. Anyway, the above rig is Chalet #1513, built in 1/77. Key thing on buying one of these for a reasonable price is to catch these before the classic car dealer/flippers snag 'em and attempt to resell 'em for double the price they paid. I first spotted this one in Facebook Marketplace on May 26 as a pending sale for $15,000, and then later in the above Craigslist ad. In a subsequent entertaining twist, it showed up in a July 24-29 ebay no-reserve auction where the listing abruptly stopped quite literally 6 minutes before the end of the auction, with a supposedly sold amount of $16,000. The reason I know of the premature end is because I was in the midst of getting screen grab images of the auction for my paper printouts I've been gathering of these rigs since 2005, and I wanted to catch the screen just as the time was counting down to a few seconds before the end.

Who knows what was going on there? I'll just say it pays to know the sales history of these, since a very small handful of classic car dealer/flippers seem to have been very lucky to rope in an equally small niche market of buyers who have quite a few dollars to spend while having little sense to do extensive research on the relative values of these.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles