1976 chevy chalet - $7800

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
...this unit is number 142 it is totally original and would have to be restored in order for all the camping gear 2 work inside and the canvas is the original and would need to be replaced . this unit is in the top collector items according to edmonds ,it has a 400 small block runs like a top, four wheel drive works. this is a great unit to stay in at swap meets as it is small or you could restore it and be worth a lot . the price is $7,800. """"" not looking for appraisals """"" give me a call or text 903 821 5208...

Always glad when folks spot these for the times when my so-so national site-specific searches of Craigslist turns up nothing.

Not helpful to the seller when the rig is called "totally original" when it obviously has front fender panel replacements. More subtle to most is the non-original fakewood panel to the fridge door, and some would know those aren't original wheels. When I last saw it for sale in Boise Craigslist ads last summer, it was pretty much identical overall, but with the proper rally wheels on it going back to the first time I saw it in Boise ads in 2007.

Unless I'm not doing the proper search, I don't readily find anything at Edmunds.com's online pages on these being "in the top collector items".

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I always wait for 77blazerchalet to come in and fill in the gaps - I thought several of the things you pointed out were not correct too- like "top collector items" Still a cool concept!

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Yep, I have my fun with the impossible dream of tracking down every one of these still in existence, and along the way it has been entertaining to see the way some of these bop from speculator seller to speculator seller. A few think these are "Antiques Roadshow" garage sale finds that can be flipped for millions, and the problem there is how there is a small handful of guys with big dollars and zero research skills who keep that prospect alive for the speculators. The only reason why some Texas ebay buyer got Chalet #1385 for $21,500 is because he didn't know Chalet #1237 was available at the same time for less than half the price in approximately the same condition. Knowledge is power and networking is priceless. Whoever ended up with Chalet #0414 for nearly $17 grand is going to be hugely disappointed to find out its interior is not anywhere close to "mint" - meaning original valuable collectible - condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles