1975 VW Bus Westfalia, built for an Alaska to Argentina Journey

ljense8

Adventurer
Wow guys thanks for all the great replies. I have a more detailed 13 page thread in the samba if you really want to how long each fix took :). All our updates are on Instagram and our website but I'll try to write something soon for expedition portal. I wish I had more time at all the places I've been so far, we have a deadline to meet the girlfriends parents in Patagonia in January so we are rushing a bit more than I was hoping. Right now then surf is absolutely massive in Puerto Escondido. Had our first sort of break down here with a shredded clutch cable, luckily I had a spare. As far as temps with the radiator, I'm running the fans nearly constantly if there's a large incline I have to turn on the heater. It's definitely not perfect but I keep a close eye on the engine temps through a Bluetooth obd2 adapter and The dash command app.
I have never used Dash Command. I just downloaded it, and will check it out. Have you tried Torque as an OBDII interface app? I use Torque quite regularly, but Dash Command looks a little more polished, at least visually.

TheBusAndUs

I have never used Dash Command. I just downloaded it, and will check it out. Have you tried Torque as an OBDII interface app? I use Torque quite regularly, but Dash Command looks a little more polished, at least visually.

I haven't seen torque. I think it only works on androids? Thanks for all the comments people!

ljense8

Adventurer
I think it is only Android based. I tried Dash Command today on my way to work, and it seems to be a much nicer app overall. I forgot to close it though, and holy crap it drains the battery.

jjohnny350

Adventurer
Danggggg, I am impressed with your perseverance. That is amazing to see what you started with. Also to echo what was said earlier, you know this thing in and out so when something goes wrong you can do it. Very well done, man that sure is inspiring when I get annoyed at a simple thing that I cant figure out. Also, great year, my mom bought our bus new in 75 and she had that up until 04 or 05. I had a lot of fun adventures with my family in that thing. I think thats a large reason why I have a van now. Anyway really nice job on it, thanks for the picture and story keep it coming.

TheBusAndUs

Danggggg, I am impressed with your perseverance. That is amazing to see what you started with. Also to echo what was said earlier, you know this thing in and out so when something goes wrong you can do it. Very well done, man that sure is inspiring when I get annoyed at a simple thing that I cant figure out. Also, great year, my mom bought our bus new in 75 and she had that up until 04 or 05. I had a lot of fun adventures with my family in that thing. I think thats a large reason why I have a van now. Anyway really nice job on it, thanks for the picture and story keep it coming.

Thank you jjohnny! Keep up the vanlife !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior