1973 Wagoneer - Full Size Camping Goodness

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
You probably already know this but just in case...

Make sure your friend that is doing the welding is aware that you used brake cleaner to clean the tank. Brake cleaner and welding can lead to some seriously nasty stuff.

http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

You've already set direction but... Didn't I see somewhere (ifsja.org?) you can get a plastic 'Burban tank to hang off the back of the frame that is larger than the stock tank and it fits decently? Just a thought.

He knows what he's doig as he has done it before. I don't really know him he's just a friend of a friend who is a mechanic. It's in his hands now, I'm sure he will follow the proper precautions to ensure that he does not go boom.

And yeah I've read about tank swaps and stuff but really don't want to deal with it at this juncture.
I have an old auxiliary tank that used to be installed on my truck but I removed when I put the original tank back in

reece146

Automotive Artist
Yeah, I get that... sometimes you just want to slap it back together as quick as you can because you aren't in the mood to futz with it.

12husky

Adventurer
The concern isn't about it going boom because of the gas. Welding over brake clean can lead to some serious health issues.

He knows what he's doig as he has done it before. I don't really know him he's just a friend of a friend who is a mechanic. It's in his hands now, I'm sure he will follow the proper precautions to ensure that he does not go boom.

And yeah I've read about tank swaps and stuff but really don't want to deal with it at this juncture.
I have an old auxiliary tank that used to be installed on my truck but I removed when I put the original tank back in

beags86

Adventurer
You probably already know this but just in case...

Make sure your friend that is doing the welding is aware that you used brake cleaner to clean the tank. Brake cleaner and welding can lead to some seriously nasty stuff.

http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

You've already set direction but... Didn't I see somewhere (ifsja.org?) you can get a plastic 'Burban tank to hang off the back of the frame that is larger than the stock tank and it fits decently? Just a thought.

Holy crap! As a welder I knew about the dangers of welding over this crap but never saw that before! Wild stuff. Be careful!

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
the complications never end.

The gas tank situation is fine and its repaired and back up, but im running into issues with brake lines and prop valves and master cylinders.

should hopefully have it all righted in the next weekend or two.

en480c4

Observer
You inspired me to get some white steelies and dog dishes photoshopped on my JK. With Mopar's JT and J12 concepts, I really waffled between getting the Savegres or Stockton white steelies. I don't think I'll be making the change, but it's great to see how it might look.

null_zpsb60441bd.jpg

Can't wait to see the Jeep back on the road!

ISSY

You inspired me to get some white steelies and dog dishes photoshopped on my JK. With Mopar's JT and J12 concepts, I really waffled between getting the Savegres or Stockton white steelies. I don't think I'll be making the change, but it's great to see how it might look.

null_zpsb60441bd.jpg

I love the look of this!! You said these were photoshopped. I tried a quick search but couldn't find anything for these wheels. Can you point me in the right direction. I'm looking for new wheels for my JK and this may be what I'm looking for.
Thanks
Tony

Clutch

<---Pass
I love the look of this!! You said these were photoshopped. I tried a quick search but couldn't find anything for these wheels. Can you point me in the right direction. I'm looking for new wheels for my JK and this may be what I'm looking for.
Thanks
Tony

ku-xlarge.jpg

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I have been checking out this thread a lot over the last few months and it was making me seriously want another FSJ of my own. I finally picked one up this weekend.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer

null_zpsb60441bd.jpg

Looks good, but your dogdishes are way too small. They'll actually cover the ring that you placed them inside on that photoshop. I love the retro look!

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
So yeah, there have been no updates for 2 months.

You know why? Because I've been fighting with this bastard jeep for 2 months non stop.

So, remember those minor brake complications i was having?

Every single p[art of the brake system except for the lines going from the prop valve to the calipers has been replaced and is 100% new.

I replaced the pedal, the massive bracket that holts the pedal/steering column to the dash, the booster bracket, the booster (J20 dual diaphragm), the master cylinder, made new lines to a brand new prop valve, new lines from the prop valve to the back, new lines across the back axle to the wheels. New wheel cylinders, new calipers, rotors, and pads as seen previously.

Still having issues getting it to stop right, but I'm almost there. I've got some pedal, and it actually stops, just not right. This crap never ends.

Anybody contemplating a D44 upgrade on their wag, skip it. I should have just rebuilt my D27 and gone hydroboost on my drums.

Anyway. For the first time in 2 months i rolled it out of the garage, about a week or so ago.

72AA82F6-B317-4420-BA64-4FE89B736C83-4569-000003CC997ADF9F.jpg

Had it out again last night, pedal is there, but i can push it to the floor. It stops without going to the floor...but still, it goes to the floor. I can lock up both rear wheels, everything seems to be adjusted correctly, but I'm not sure if there's still air in the system, of my shoes/rotors are out of spec, or what.

So, almost there.

Attachments

• D626F3B3-0A9A-4297-BCD9-F40725906D74-6341-000006E0E5B94851.jpg
    D626F3B3-0A9A-4297-BCD9-F40725906D74-6341-000006E0E5B94851.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 81

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94