1973 K10 Wilderness Camper Budget Build

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Progressing.
Shift fork cleaned up and ready for modification.
AAC7B95F-1CA3-4844-8CD2-1AF59E3678CC.jpeg

Done.
End slot mod was easier than middle slot as you had a flat surface to run off.
8942D5CC-E14F-4F38-A285-2AF4510F7399.jpeg
6EF73549-7A14-454F-8F0B-E37A54735121.jpeg
Then cut off the original shifter end as per instructions.
CADEB6B8-D851-40EB-BDFE-12FC2B429ED5.jpeg
23CE5D11-69AA-4452-8D82-E544D6C60041.jpeg
0846E298-E7C1-48F4-96E2-F7B114AD8760.jpeg
 

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Rails in, and seem to be functional.
Then put idler gear in, after a very thorough clean of gears, and bearings. Torqued to 120ftlb. Feels good.
6A31516A-4553-4F0D-B7AA-5507DEF7CC1E.jpeg
3299E94C-2390-40CC-9CBB-7CE93AABC99E.jpeg
 

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Gradually cleaning and degreasing the parts, before the go back in. Bearing are looking good so far. Still trying to figure out if I actually have the correct seal, that stops the leak between the transmission, and TC.
Also Planning to add a threaded breather extension to the transfer case too.

In other news, bought 25sqft of FatMat, arrived. Seems logical to put that down before the new carpet goes in.
An LED light bar that I have, I think will go above the rear doors.
03C5482C-07E6-4051-85F5-6C940F5568C4.jpeg
 

Keyblazer

Adventurer
More progress.
Disassembled the input adaptor
Degreased, scrubbed, media blasted, and painted.

24D1177F-F4DA-49F1-87C1-E30CEF304E62.jpeg

F0F85A5C-A747-4515-9204-AB027FB0F713.jpeg

Bearing and input sleeve, cleaned up and ready to go in as soon as I find the replacement seals.
D41157E7-04F8-498A-8F6F-CBE8244D01AB.jpeg
 

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Front output cleaned, refurbished, and in.
7D0E5450-0D19-4D02-BB4D-B232BB4D9A45.jpeg

Moving along.

The rear output cover vent was levered out, and it was loose! I’m gonna tap the hole and put a fitting in with a breather tube on it.
E2C1BD81-39BA-49C2-B4B8-2B18E194B34B.jpeg

Test fit.
9715D5AA-9412-49E4-8212-10CC19967E9B.jpeg
 

85_Ranger4x4

Well-known member
Make sure you put silicone on the bolt threads too, there is a reason every NP205 you see is a greaseball and that is because it has a million points to leak. Just about every bolt hole is a thru hole into oil.
 

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Got it.
Got it all back together, but not put it back in yet.
I'm having an issue with the twin stick shift.
Im only getting 2 positions on both rails... rail wont go IN to the last one.
Trying to figure out what I did wrong.
Wondering if I put the shift forks back in 180 wrong....
Can someone who knows, confirm which way the longer boss on the fork goes in the case?
 

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Been a while since I updated.
TC is now back in, with Poly mounts.
serviced the Th350.
Refurbished the driveshafts. 7D9DA6B7-BE48-4430-8839-07E9D01B3207.jpeg7D9DA6B7-BE48-4430-8839-07E9D01B3207.jpegC49A7B25-F5C7-4325-BB5F-973AAE4CF522.jpegB5A4A835-9A30-4C05-A11C-7E1A67B9C8BB.jpegB682D802-C7F9-47DC-B6AF-E2642859A478.jpeg
 

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Time to clean up and update the motor.
Long had carb problems with the 350.
Hokey Sniper EFI, intake, and nice valve covers. 2DB58F28-FA06-4F47-A4C0-DCF01ED07FC0.jpeg7B9D134E-81AF-4E4B-9C6E-A669E2758A0E.jpeg7855E814-EDD9-45C4-96EC-CDAD3D5351AB.jpegC9283B3E-709B-43E1-89C5-11B53D53E74B.jpeg0CE02F95-DFBF-4A4A-B597-4BDE78BC7A60.jpegA05AC5CF-E9A5-4A8E-8FD0-19560FF96F99.jpeg
 
Top