1964 F350 4x4 Camper

Coachgeo

Explorer
sweet job... too bad in who knows when..... this thread will be absolutely void of any pictures.... the whole thread will be useless. (pics are not hosted here..... they are hosted by tapatalk. all pics on any forum done thru tapatalk are hosted by them. Just like EVERY photo hosting site ever on the internet over the last 3 decades the pic host site will either shut down and or do like photobucket and ransom the pictures. History repeats itself.. again and again

eporter

Adventurer
sweet job... too bad in who knows when..... this thread will be absolutely void of any pictures.... the whole thread will be useless. (pics are not hosted here..... they are hosted by tapatalk. all pics on any forum done thru tapatalk are hosted by them. Just like EVERY photo hosting site ever on the internet over the last 3 decades the pic host site will either shut down and or do like photobucket and ransom the pictures. History repeats itself.. again and again

Ugh! I just finally started using Tapatalk and now I find out it's got evil potential like Photobucket? We need to keep these forums full of useful information, and not dead links. The beautiful porch on this rig must be preserved for posterity!

Is there a better app? Web forum interfaces kinda suck on phones...

eporter

Adventurer
I bet that compartment is for storing your varmint rifle. What else are you going to do while sitting in your rocker on the porch.

Or it's for a badminton net...

This thing is totally rad. This and Dr. Marnaus's Wagoneer are my favorite vehicles on this forum. So much cooler than all the brand new rigs with RTTs, race suspension, and more electronics than a space ship. Keep up the good work!

Boblahr

Not that the photos show it well, but just got all of the windows and the back door rescreened with solar screen to help keep things cool.

So the next project will be a solar charging system, does anyone have any suggestions/good knowledge or experience/ recommendations for a good kit or combo?

I am skilled at wiring but have never dealt with solar.

everything electric in this camper including the evaporative cooler all runs off of a single deep cycle battery. It only has like three lights, water pump and swamp cooler to run. everything else can run off of propane.
2b5bf13bebe2f4fcc8d2e747260e4b47.jpg
3a4c83a5a9f92f73192b7ed86ee2fc90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
I really like the Victron Energy stuff (charge controller) get at least a MPPT one. Use wire rated for lots of UV exposure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boblahr

Completed part three I guess of operation keep kool today. Part 1 was to service the swamp cooler, part 2 was installing "solar" screens on the windows, part 3: coating the roof with a bright white elastomeric coating.

I could not even touch the plain aluminum roof with my bare hand when I started. We'll see soon if it has any effect on keeping the temperatures down on the inside.
d907caa43be2076bfbb56c14cde8f76f.jpg
0cff0e140969c4a986caac8721999e10.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Interested to hear your thoughts on the roof. Mine is bare alu as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boblahr

Took the misses and the dog down to Fort Pickens National Park for the night. Everytime we take a trip in the rig we think of more great ideas to keep improving it.
b31e6f5bbebe38e16d933a650d906e81.jpg
c8e5ad61e7745c0cb3dcd5a1e78a8579.jpg
7fcc49f8304ef9c0167deed2ca134857.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles