1961 Willy's CJ5

AddisonEXPO

Finally ready to part ways with my 5 year Willy's restoration project. To be clear upfront, this is not a museum restoration, but a functional daily driver capable restoration.

Restoration details:
-It has been completely body off, frame and body sanded, primed, painted
-Completely replaced floor
-All brake and brake lines completely new
-All new or rebuilt steering
-completely stripped and rebuilt front axle
-Brand new wiring harness and lights
-factory seats rebuilt/salvage attempt (first time trying a sewing machine)
-new repro wheels
-completely overhauled engine
-transmission and transfer case overhauled by PO.

Upgrades:
-fold and tumble rear seat added
-BFG KM3 7.5r16
-1998 Cherokee swinging pedal assembly, brake booster and master cylinder -huge braking improvement
-1998 Cherokee clutch master and slave cylinder modified to work inline with the original clutch linkages.
-rocker guards and rear corners guards. Added protection and dent/rust hole corrections.
-tom woods front and rear prop shafts

The bad:
-Dana18 transfer case leaks slightly. No matter what I do it always leaks a little. I have accepted it.
-some dents and chipped paint. Call it character
-T90 pops out of 2nd. Common problem with these and well documented fixes.

I'm sure I am forgetting something. It was a big learning project, so don't expect perfection. But I would trust it on a trip so long as you don't feel like going over 50mph.

Asking $13,500 obo. Located in Chattanooga, TN.

Will consider trades for other off-road projects. Most interested in Land Rover or Range Rover Classics, but will consider anything.
PXL_20201222_223838128.jpg
3108318.jpg
PXL_20201003_223602427.jpg

billiebob

wonderful CJ, wish you were closer, I'm sure it will sell, very fair asking price

Perfect tires, I've been running 7.50R16s on my TJR for years, love them.
I now have them on both the Jeep and the SquareDrop.
IMG_0811.jpeg

ps, I'm looking into the logistics of Chattanooga, TN
Your CJ is exactly what I want for an around town commuter

Last edited:

AddisonEXPO

@billiebob it's a great around town vehicle. If you are really serious about it, I am happy to help work out how to get it to you.

If you want to make it an adventure I would trust it to make the drive, so long as you are ready to take your time to get there.

Shoot me a pm if interested! Thanks

billiebob

@billiebob it's a great around town vehicle. If you are really serious about it, I am happy to help work out how to get it to you.

If you want to make it an adventure I would trust it to make the drive, so long as you are ready to take your time to get there.

Shoot me a pm if interested! Thanks
Just checked flights, 10 hours, 1 connection, $682 if I fly overnite and on a 10 hour flight why not fly overnight....
now to check with the wife. she is much more pandemic frightened than I
I think I know her answer

ps, I love the idea of travelling 45mph for a week and motelling it all the way home

AddisonEXPO

It does sound like an awesome adventure, I agree.

Good thing would be that most of the route would be through more rural areas, safer pandemic speaking I suppose.

Let me know! Happy to help facilitate an adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz