1960 Mercedes 0319 Panorama Bus on CL CA Central Coast

billy bee

Adventurer
Seems expensive considering the bespoke rust issues, but interesting. Located in my home town. No affiliation, etc...

bb

00n0n_4GBiWnRqCUF_600x450.jpg

Extremely Rare 1960 Mercedes 22 Window Bus that I must sell. The Engine and Transmission were replaced about 30yrs ago with a 1979 Toyota 20R Truck motor and 5 speed transmission with a 44 Weber carburetor and custom Intake Manifold and then parked. At most, it has about 40,000 miles on it. It has an old camper conversion kit in it including Floor Heaters, Stove, custom Ladder W/ Roof Rack, dual gas tanks and a Propane Tank. I recently began to fix it up and get it back into running condition. The Engine, some Electrical, Carburetor, Master Cylinder, (1) Gas Tank & Cooling system have been completely gone through and rebuilt. I just recently started putting the brakes back on after months of rebuilding, Other than that, it does need a lot of rust removal for it to be brought back to its original glory. All the original glass is in-tacked, but needs new rubbers (Which is available). It also comes with an extra windshield and dash cluster. Must see to appreciate this rare gem. It won 2nd place at the Laguna Lake "A Gathering of Friends", in the Barn Finds Category.

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/5532665224.html

ABCanuck

Adventurer
Seen several for sale which were in far better condition for 15-40k. 40 being for a restored example. I think I would be pinching my pennies and putting them towards a better one. That looks like quite the pit. I agree though, super cool looking old buses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94