1957 Volvo Sugga Command Car

6Pins

Adventurer
I swear there is one of those out near Martinsburg, WV. I've seen something that looks a a whole lot like when I've been out there for work.

Last edited:

efuentes

Explorer
Do you guys remember a while back a thread with a car like that, with a diesel swap and a guy running around Canada in it?, I think it was an old Power Wagon.

dustboy

Explorer
Wow, that thing doesn't give a da^^n! Looks like it would ramble over just about anything..slowly.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I've always loved those. Sugga translates to Pillbug, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Sow, not pillbug... my bad.

Last edited:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Wow! Cool find! My step-brother drove one of those when I was in highschool. We called it the "Volvo Command Car" (never knew that was the actual name).

39Ronin

Adventurer
REDBULL owns one, I saw it parked outside the Westin Whistler the other day:
l_JH_SR_RedBullCar1_Are_0043.jpg

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
I want/need this soooo bad!
How 'bout a sorta similar homegrown version, if ya got lotsa time / money & fiberglass-working skills. Throw your choice of modern 4x4 chassis under a fiberglass 40 Ford Tudor sedan (chopped top version in the background there?), fabricate big ol' flat sheet dually fenders for the back and graft a Mack hood to the front.......

Attachments

• Mcford.jpg
    Mcford.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 49,345

Layonnn

Adventurer
Redbull does. They have two actually.
http://www.fuddymuckers.co.uk/gallery/redbull/web_IMG_1701_s.JPG

I am on LSU wakeboard team and we recently had a railjam that redbull sponsored.
I looked over this thing in some detail and got some info.

It is on a k-5 frame, has a corvette engine swapped in, the one i saw rolled on 35 BFG KM2's, has chevy tahoe leather seats. It has two rear mounted jerry cans that flip up and are actually waterproof speakers. It has two large flat screen LCDs (about 40") that are mounted back to back the raise up from the center of the vehicle and then rotate around sticking out of the roof. The back trunk folds out and exposes a place for two to stand and have a full turn table (for records an ipods) infront of them. It also houses other speakers and an onboard generator.
We had the winch for the railjam attached to the hitch on the back of this beast. Pretty sick rig. I was talking to two of the redbull reps and he said that this was the vehicle the gestapo drove around during WWII. (just going off what he said, not sure on the validity of that)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior