1911 or Glock

amgvr4

Adventurer
I carry both a G19 and kimber SISpro depending on my mood and situation. Both are carried in inside the waistband holsters I made. One nice thing about going back and forth between them is the ability to adapt to very different firearms quickly and be proficient with both.

Storz

Explorer
Wow surprised to see my old thread still on the same page, figured I should post an update. I am now carrying my favorite handgun to date!! Size wise it falls sort of between a 17 and a 19, I am using an IWB Alien Gear holster on a 1.75" 5.11 and it carries every bit as well as my Glock 19 did. The grip, trigger and paddle mag release are amazing.

HK VP9

IMAG1729.jpg

jpachard

Adventurer
If it were me I'd go and shoot both and see which one you are the most comfortable and accurate with, then make your decision from there.

Good luck!

Nice choice on the H&K, great firearms.

P2W

Observer
Springfield 1911 9mm

Attachments

• 1911 9mm_02.JPG
    1911 9mm_02.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

goin camping

Explorer
I collect Colt 1911's but take a glock camping.

I don't take the glock because it is better. I take the glock because I don't care if it gets scratched, dropped in the river etc.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I shot all the handguns mentioned in this thread. When it came down to my decision to purchase an EDC was my ability to shoot accurately, fast and comfortably with reasonable concealment. I also wanted as many rounds as possible with a maximum stopping power.
My choice in the end was a FNP 45.
The reason I picked this particular firearm... well first it's ************ lol, (no peticular order) it has full ambidextrous controls, fits my hands great, extremely similar in function to the 1911, has great balance, very mild/light recoil, holds 15+1 and has aftermarket support.
Nearly 5000 rounds later and I've yet to have any failures and still shoots laser straight.

WrongWay

Observer
My Colt 1911 is my safe queen. I would never consider carrying it concealed. Weight and limited capacity is just too much to overcome. Glock 30S, 19, 23, in that order of preference for me.

Last edited:

SunFlower

Adventurer
I wouldn't trust my life to a plastic gun. My CC gun is a revolver and I would take a 1911 over a glock polymer any day,

P2W

Observer
I wouldn't trust my life to a plastic gun. My CC gun is a revolver and I would take a 1911 over a glock polymer any day,

"Plastic" guns don't bother me, I have a S&W Shield for a EDCG

We torture tested a Glock 17 by running it without cleaning till it stopped cycling (took about 5K rounds) Then field stripped it, hosed the GSR and unburnt powder out of it with WD40 & Breakclean, oiled up the slide contact points and run another 15K rounds through it.

I still prefer my 1911 though, mostly because of the history behind it and even though mine has +50K rnds through it, the gun is wicked accurate.

Last edited:

Duke84

Handgun choice is right up there with the most personal of choices, way more so than Land Cruiser v. Land Rover and Ford v. Chevy. What I might pick might be totally different from somebody else and both may be the right answer.

Start with a quality firearm from a reputable company (what's reputable? find one of the guns being carried by professionals is a good start). Rent as many models as you can and test fire them at a range. Go with the one that fits your hand(s) best and then your specific planned carry/use regimen. Buy it + a boat load of ammo + quality holster/belt and get excellent instruction and train enough so that the motor skills are downloaded to your mid-brain so they can be performed under stress.

It may be you wind up with a Glock, 1911, a .32 Seecamp or a .454 Casul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94