19' Ford Motorhome

simple

Adventurer
I purchased a cube van and parts and got ready to start a build but ended up using all my time and energy last summer to remodel our house. Feeling burnt out and dampened by rain and short days I decided to buy an off the shelf unit. We ended up buying this little 2009 19' Ford based motorhome.
majestic rv res.jpg

rv interior.jpg

c19-13.jpg

c19-12.jpg

Last edited:

simple

Adventurer
I'll try to answer questions for general information in this post. I thought folks here might interested in this rig due to its van like nature. It has the 5.4 liter and a single wheel rear axle. Also fits in most parking spaces. looks like it could be converted to 4x4 with ujoint parts. The fuel tank is located behind the rear axle and the waste tanks already have sheetmetal skid plates.

Last edited:

dddonkey

Adventurer
Love it! Get it converted one day and travel the country. That thing would look awesome with a winch and off road tires. Congrats on the new ride, what year is it?

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
That's cool!

Wish there were more smaller sized options for those of us that want a place to sleep and cook but otherwise are out of the rig.

njtacoma

Explorer
A couple of summers ago when we were up in BC I saw several of these, my wife got tired of me pointing them out to her. It is a bit like a Astro Tiger but on a bit larger chassis.

I think it would be a nice balance between a standard van and a Full RV.

86cj

Explorer
Great score! U-Joint 4x4 conversion and charcoal gray paint job, oh yea!.....

That would be a fine RV for us too, we have seen those on the road before "wife wanted to look inside". I never saw one at a RV lot unless it was used, the F series chassis was also common and some had a window pass-through....BTW: your decals look much better than the rental ones I saw!!

I have sketched a ton of ideas for a small RV so I get it, looks like a decent bathroom and a huge kitchen, nice little RV! My father inlaw had a 23' class-C Winnebago Ford with a V-10, it had a similar lay out with a rear kitchen and huge bathroom. They really liked it and miss it, he had 12MPG avg for it's life, yea he drove slow and felt he did not need a V-10 ..........

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I love those little things! 5.4/5R110 will get the job done in 4x4 trim, just give it some gear. Would love to build one. We have 2 Class Cs coming in soon and a Bigfoot. Fun!

D

Deleted member 9101

Blah at a 4x4 conversion. Get a rear locker and call it a day. Not only will the4x4 conversion cost you close to what you paid for the RV, but the chassis flex going off road will destroy the interior and cause everything to rattle.

KMG

Adventurer
Blah at a 4x4 conversion. Get a rear locker and call it a day. Not only will the4x4 conversion cost you close to what you paid for the RV, but the chassis flex going off road will destroy the interior and cause everything to rattle.

X2!

simple

Adventurer
I agree that this isn't a good candidate for off-roading. 4x4 would however be nice for snowy mountain passes, slippery boat ramps, sandy or muddy camp spot turnouts etc.

upndown

Adventurer
Awesome little camper! In 2008 I rented a 23' for a 16 day road trip in Oregon. Nice on the open road, bit of a bear negotiating Portland traffic and parking. Learned real quick about public transportation. Way more than my lady friend and I needed, yours looks perfect for our fishing trips! Mind if I ask what you had to give for it? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior