17 inch vs 18 inch

shrineboy

I do have way more body roll than I used to, not because of my tires. I run those at 40 psi. Side walls are pretty stiff, even aired down to 25 they don’t squash much. When I went crossover steering I had to remove my sway bar. I can still run up our windy canyon highway at 50. Anyway, I got used to it, hardly even notice anymore.

roving1

Every single truck that I have put taller tires on has experienced more body roll.

Every time I have swapped out sponge-o-matic all seasons for an E rated taller sidewall I haven't. I guess it is relative, but unless you are going from something stupid like 20 down to 16 with the same gushy sidewalls as OEM I am not buying this as a significant dynamic.

Tire pressure and swaybar bushings I am pretty sure would make a bigger difference.

D

Deleted member 9101

Every time I have swapped out sponge-o-matic all seasons for an E rated taller sidewall I haven't. I guess it is relative, but unless you are going from something stupid like 20 down to 16 with the same gushy sidewalls as OEM I am not buying this as a significant dynamic.

Tire pressure and swaybar bushings I am pretty sure would make a bigger difference.

All other things being equal... A taller sidewall will result in more body roll. You are not comparing apples to apples.

gspfunk

For the best mix like the OP wants, I think 18’s are the way to go. Look at something like the Continental TerrainContact. It will handle anything w/in your Acura’s abilities, and is at home on the road. General also makes a Grabber that is similar. Lots of WK2 (Grand Cherokee) people run these for light off-roading and love how quiet they are.

Medracr

I ended up going to 17s with 245/75/17 Falken WildPeak AT.
Handled my recent hunting/camping trip very well, and I don’t find the road noise all that intrusive. Maybe because I listen to my music too loudly??? The road ride is very comfortable as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles