16 taco thread

jgallo1

Adventurer
After a few months of waiting I picked her up on july 4th. I then spent the next day seeing how much fun we could have.

IMG_4833.jpg
IMG_4837.jpg

gmtech

Observer
what was your previous vehicle?
how much more is your insurance than last vehicle?
im lookin at 14-15 4runners and 16 tacos
I currently have a 04 4runner
isnsurance company said it would only go up 20ish dollars for a 14 4runner sr5 for full coverage
wondering how much it would be for a 16 taco?

jgallo1

Adventurer
I went auto, but i have been driving it mostly (fake manual) in the back country
your truck is looking good
congrats

Catfish37

Observer
That is a nice color and my second choice for my (her)16 Taco. I wanted the boring white 4Runner, but we are democratic in our house and we vote if we do not agree. I always do a double check on the ballots and get my recount. My one vote is always in the count and so is the wife's 100 votes. The votes went like this; 4Runner Off road = 1 vote, Tacoma TRD Off road = 100 votes. The color white 4Runner Off road = 1 vote, white Tacoma TRD Off road = 100 votes. Since we voted and I lost and we got the truck in the Infernal color. After it came in we voted again and I got the Leer cap I wanted since we got the truck. I do win on occasion. :ylsmoke:

Congratulations on the truck!
We also picked up the wifes 4Runner at the same time. I really tried to talk her into the tan on it but she didn't like. "Looks to military" she says. So we got the white instead.

CMARJEEP

Observer
I picked up a double cab off road at the beginning of June. So far I love it. I have about 2500 miles on it already and have taken it on a few camping trips and road trips. I haven't done anything to it so far but it has really amazed me how capable it is stock. The rear locker is a game changer off road. I have been on some trails that I shouldn't have been on but it walked right up them.

I did just pick up some Relentless Fab skid plates yesterday. Front IFS is aluminum then a trans/transfer case steel one which should give me really good protection underneath. I hit the stock skid plate (if you can even call it that) lightly on a couple rocks and it folded up like a piece of paper.

Besides that I'm planning on some sliders, front ARB, and a 2" lift. I don't really think the truck needs anything else to be really capable off road.

2704EB10-1D36-41C7-B1AF-064F456EECCC_zpsif8qzzo4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles