'16 4Runner Trail Edition + Gobi/Pelfrey/Leather Seats - $37.5k (Los Angeles)

hankrearden

Katzkin Leather Seats
Gobi Stealth Rack
Pelfreybilt Aluminum Front Plate Bumper
Pelfreybilt rock sliders
Baja Designs S830" 120W Driving/Combo Beam LED Light Bar
Baja Designs Squadron Sport LED
All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires LT275/70R17 (~10k miles on them)
Toyota all-weather mats in whole car, including cargo area
SZ447 Super Z6 Cable Snow Tire Chains
Great service records/all Toyota required maintenance done at Manhattan Beach dealer.
Garaged 100% of time in California.
Less than 22.5k miles

MORE PHOTOS TO COME

$39.5k $36.5k sale price

Craigslist Ad: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/2016-toyota-4runner-trail/6595244677.html

Last edited:

hankrearden

Updated sale price. Bought a 200 series LC, so this has to go. Asking $38.5k now, which I think is a good deal. Of course I could be wrong... KBB is $34k for stock in very good condition w/22.5k miles (I know meaningless). Plus $8k of stuff at nearly 50% discount. Would love to hear feedback if I am way off. It is a great rig and will be sad to see it go, but I just don't get out there enough to enjoy the off-road additions.

Thanks for looking. Going to lower price here and ih8mud for the week, before reducing it elsewhere.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Would love to hear feedback if I am way off

I don't have an opinion on your pice per se. However, whenever I see an add that lists all the retail pricing for all the upgrades, I immediately know that I can't afford the rig in question. It tells the buyer that the seller is still too emotionally tied to the rig and all that went into it. You don't see it as a rig for sale on the internet, you see it as your baby, that you conceived from birth, and parented all the way up to its current status, with all the care and feeding associated with that terrible analogy :)

grampswrx

Observer
The reason people part out builds like this is you never get back hardly anything for the mods. My sister bought a rig like this a year ago. 2014 Gobi rack, OME suspension, BFG tires, $28k. Yours has the bumpers and sliders which, to the right person, add a lot of value. But to everyone else, its just added fanciness. Most rigs sell for right at KBB or a little bit over. But not 10-15% over unless the build is a complete turnkey rig with a long known history. I think the time it's been for sale tells you where the price is. Sell the rack and the lights separate and lower the price down to $34k and you'll sell it right away. And you'll end up with more cash in your pocket. My $.02

hankrearden

Going to part it out, have somebody that bought the Gobi. If anyone has interest in Pelfrey slider and/or aluminum front bumper for 2014-17, please let me know. Thank you.

hankrearden

The reason people part out builds like this is you never get back hardly anything for the mods. My sister bought a rig like this a year ago. 2014 Gobi rack, OME suspension, BFG tires, $28k. Yours has the bumpers and sliders which, to the right person, add a lot of value. But to everyone else, its just added fanciness. Most rigs sell for right at KBB or a little bit over. But not 10-15% over unless the build is a complete turnkey rig with a long known history. I think the time it's been for sale tells you where the price is. Sell the rack and the lights separate and lower the price down to $34k and you'll sell it right away. And you'll end up with more cash in your pocket. My $.02

This was spot on. A lot of demand for bumper/rack. Much obliged for advice.

grampswrx

Observer
No problem. A lot of those quality parts keep 50-80% of their value, so it's worth the part out. Best of luck with the sale!

RacerAV

This was spot on. A lot of demand for bumper/rack. Much obliged for advice.
when i sold my last jeep, i waited 6 months for the RIGHT buyer to buy it with all the stuff on it! got the price i wanted, (that lowballers laughed at) and saved the buyer a ton of time and money! he was thrilled to get a rad jeep, and i was happy to sell it to him. its tough though, that route. i did take off a few items and sold them. mods DO add value, but they shrink your customer pool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles