15L drink/lunch fridge freezers appearing

Robert Bills

Explorer
No the Guy who is selling that CDF-18 is pulling a fast one, But don't worry because they will be on sale again real cheap within a week or two,

Here's the CDF-18

Have a look at this CDF-11

That CDF-18 is even more expensive in the UK. (641 British Pounds = 809.90 USD as of today).

But perhaps we've found the distinction in the letter prefix - CF in the USA and CDF in Great Britain. ????

john61ct

Adventurer
If an Engel works for you but new is too pricey, look out for secondhand.

Maybe ARB, but not sure if they go that small

67cj5

Man On a Mission
That CDF-18 is even more expensive in the UK. (641 British Pounds = 809.90 USD as of today).

But perhaps we've found the distinction in the letter prefix - CF in the USA and CDF in Great Britain. ????
I paid £330.00 for mine from the same people they play with the pricing all the time, In the Next couple of weeks they will drop the price again, Last week they were £389 and 3 weeks ago they were £335, So just keep and eye on then because the price will changes,

When I bought my first CDF-18 I paid £330 and then the price went up to 400 £ and a couple of weeks later they went down to £330 again so I bought another one for my Brother which I will take up to him when I can,

ChadHahn

Adventurer
I bought an Alpicool to take on a short trip to NM. I was going to bring my Dometic 55 quart but thought it would be way to big and I wanted a new toy.

The 15 quart was the perfect size for hauling a few days worth of sandwich makings and other foods. I figure that when I go camping, I can use the 55 for food and the 15 for ice cream and such.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I bought an Alpicool to take on a short trip to NM. I was going to bring my Dometic 55 quart but thought it would be way to big and I wanted a new toy.

The 15 quart was the perfect size for hauling a few days worth of sandwich makings and other foods. I figure that when I go camping, I can use the 55 for food and the 15 for ice cream and such.
These small fridges are grossly over looked, We all tend to grab one that will hold enough or a couple of weeks like the 40 to 50L sizes and then we end up buying a bigger one and these Mega Monster have awesome cooling power and can even replace domestic fridge freezers but as I have found they are little more than useless when it comes to moving them on your own,

This is where these smaller fridges come in to their own, Even loaded one man can haul them from A to B without busting a Gut and when used in fridge mode they barely Sniff the battery using as little as 4.8Ah per 24 hours in the cooler months and with a couple of good batteries you can power some of these Small fridges for up to 50 days or more without using Solar or any other form of charging, And they are easily swapped out from Vehicle to Vehicle,

Last edited:

ChadHahn

Adventurer
Yes it was no problem hauling the fridge into the motel room at night. The Goal Zero (lead acid battery) weighed more than the loaded Alpicool.

Robert Bills

Explorer
I have decided that the Dometic CF-18 is the fridge in my future. It fits where I need it to fit with the lid oriented the best way for my purposes.

Now all I have to do is find one at a reasonable price. Dometic will sell direct at $569.99 and Quadratec and Northridge 4x4 list them at the same price. Out of stock on Amazon.

Where would you look for a good price for these? All suggestions appreciated.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I have decided that the Dometic CF-18 is the fridge in my future. It fits where I need it to fit with the lid oriented the best way for my purposes.

Now all I have to do is find one at a reasonable price. Dometic will sell direct at $569.99 and Quadratec and Northridge 4x4 list them at the same price. Out of stock on Amazon.

Where would you look for a good price for these? All suggestions appreciated.
Yeah great Idea, I bought one and I liked it that much I bought one for my brother,

In the summer time when set to 3*c they use less than 180w running on AC per 24 hrs and in the winter time they use as little as 4.8Ah running on DC per 24 hrs,

It's a great no fuss fridge/freezer, just get a digital thermometer and workout where the temp control needs to be set and put a mark on it with a perminant marker, I did mine at 2*c and 3*c and -10*c and -12*c,

Another great thing about this fridge is you can sleep with it under the bed in my camper and I never hear it, It is about the best GO TO fridge money can buy,

Hope you get yours sorted soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles