'15 Silver SV Expo build

colodak

Adventurer
Not new to the forums, new to the Nissan section, previously had a 2000 Dodge Dakota that I was building, after trials and tribulation, and some problems that could not be resolved, I decided to sell it, and upgrade. New vehicle is a 2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed Value truck. Yeah, some thing strange for a build, as most built trucks are short beds, but I wanted the extra room, and to be different, so I got it.

The day it came home.

coop74

Old Camping Dude
A nice ride can be made from a long bed..
fd080b156f245dacdd1b315d24573c2c.jpg

Big Coop

colodak

Adventurer
Some updates pics (been having a massive problem with Flikr, couldn't get my pics to work)

One of the first mods, upgraded tires. BFG A/T's in 265/75-16. Truly love this new tread, very in your face, expected them to be loud, but no road noise at all.

A.R.E. CX topper with Overland spray

Nissan sees fit to only install one tow hook on the right side, unacceptable. Wanted a factory left one, no local domestically, thanks to info from Club Frontier.org, was able to contact a salvage company in the UK and order a factory left side from a Navarra. Pulled and painted both visibility red. Looks much better. Also touched up my homebuilt receiver tow hook, for being 25 yrs old and involved in 2 rear end accidents, it works like a charm

This from a few weeks back, Heftyfab sliders and skids awaiting install, this was the day I bought them. The sliders are installed, the skids need a little more paint and awaiting the final skid so I can rent some shop space and get them installed. Super heavy. The sliders are also massive and simply awesome.

Last edited:

colodak

Adventurer
Haven't updated in awhile, Hefty Skids are installed, engine, trans, transfer case and gas tank. Gas tank skid would not fit correctly, had to take the truck down to Hefty and have them figure it out, turns out Nissan has a slight change in the design on the tank, instead of being perfectly rectangular and "tight", it's not "puffy", and as such the skid didn't fit properly, a little tweaking of the brackets and it fits perfectly. One thing that is for certain with these skids, they are so thick and attach in so many spots, they have actually tightened up the truck, less flex in the frame.

bijanjames

Adventurer
Awesome truck! I LOVE a long bed....I've tested the skids and sliders and work as advertised LOL. Great tire choice. What if any lift do you have in mind? Locker or two? The topper is the best in my opinion, exactly what I would go with. Looking forward to updates!

colodak

Adventurer
Haven't updated this in some time, a few mods have been completed and getting ready to perhaps do a lift, more of a combination of parts.
Custom vinyl hood graphics

Aries Bull bar, this was an unplanned mod, was really saving up for a winch bumper, but when I can get a $300 bull bar for $100, who am I to turn it down, but also, after someone almost backed into my truck, I felt the front end needed some protection, lights will be added a month or so

Extra backup lights and relocated trailer plug
[url=https://flic.kr/p/EfzWyh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles