130 suspension question

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Shayne and the rest of y'all driving the big rigs, what is the best set up for loaded 130?

We rented the 130 camper, which had a relatively light Tischer camper. It sagged when parked, and was a little ponderous on corners. It had the std. coils with the 130 helper coils inside.

Do you guys add airbags/adjustable or just go with a higher rated spring?

Any ambulance guys have an answer?

DiscoDavis

Explorer
KGH,

I just spent time around several 130's on vacation, one being a camper. I will need to ask the garage I visited exactly what they did but on a few I believe it was mostly heavier coils on the rear and did the standard, 'load more weight down on it' thing. The other two 130's I rode in, one was stock rear springs, and the other was HD springs and was already a heavy vehicle.

No ponderous feel on either I rode in, and never saw any sag in any. Let me find a photo or two.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
KGH,

I just spent time around several 130's on vacation, one being a camper. I will need to ask the garage I visited exactly what they did but on a few I believe it was mostly heavier coils on the rear and did the standard, 'load more weight down on it' thing. The other two 130's I rode in, one was stock rear springs, and the other was HD springs and was already a heavy vehicle.

No ponderous feel on either I rode in, and never saw any sag in any. Let me find a photo or two.

I saw your posts, looks like a fun trip. Chilly here now (Stuttgart) but I asked wife if she wanted to go Alps camping this weekend, and she said "sure!".

The Tisher specs at ~1550 pounds. Add 5-600 more for gear/food/water/propane, and we were prob at or under 2200 pounds. Well within spec as payload per JLR is 3144lbs. Hmmm...

I ask as I am searching online for a 200TDi ambulance

Defender

19mm coils, airbags, Koni Raid Shocks

My 130 weigh 2900 kgs in daily driver mode. When loaded with camping gear and towing a loaded trailer, there is no sign of any rear end sag.

Attachments

• Koni installed.jpg
    Koni installed.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 10
  • Moreton Island 3.jpg
    Moreton Island 3.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member