'13 R1200GS, couldn't resist,,,

mtbcoach

Observer
My local BMW dealer hosted a autism charity BBQ, I needed the NC vehicle inspection and I begged the wife to go for a ride with me, so off we went on our '09 R1200GSA. While the wife wandered around, I had to stop and drool over the '13 GS on the show room floor. Crazy enough, it already had a reserved sign on it, someone had already put a deposit on it.

I talked to the shop owner, said "too bad, really wanted to give it a test ride", he said, "the sign is for you". :Wow1:

I did call earlier and asked if he could do the inspection and we talked about the new ride, him and I are on the same page, it was ordered with what I viewed as critical options. He took the sign off, did the test drive paper work and off I went.

Without sounding too dramatic, friggen amazing. I was gone for ~30 min and was amazed and the differences in how it felt and the engine is out of the world IMHO.

Fortunately, I bought my '09 from him, he knew he could sell it right away, gave me a fair price for it, dealer cost for the extra accessories I added and I pick it up Wed. I can't say that in my 56 yrs of being on the planet, I've never done something so spontaneous before.

Can't wait to get it back into my hands and take it for some personal time with the beast...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 137

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
Nice. I bought a '13 F800GS last September and am afraid to test drive a 1200 for fear of wanting one. I do love my F800GS, though. :bike_rider:

Bighead

Adventurer
Looks good. I may need to avoid the dealership so I don't get tempted into trading my 12GS. What options did you get?

Guns

Look Mom no hands!
Nice. I already told my local dealer I want the first water cooled Adventure version. Sure hope they hurry up I'm ready now, but would kick myself if I didn't wait.

91redford

I rode an '09 GSA for awhile, the suspension & the ride is amazing, enjoy that sucker, you know you deserve it!

Scott Brady

Founder
Wonderful machines. I am always amazed how the 1200GS performs on the street. Even more so with the new motor - a gem

My recent romp on the twisties with the water cooled.
254182_10151917208338275_1114440173_n.jpg
261691_10151917634308275_28825336_n.jpg

mtbcoach

Observer
I apologize for not updating this thread, I've been going through the fun of rotator cuff surgery rehab. The good thing is I found the time to get some custom work done to it...

image_zps90d87c4e.jpg

image_zps7011863f.jpg

image_zps27d9005c.jpg

I'm leaving for trip later this month with plans on putting around 6k on it over 3 weeks or so. When one has the chance to go to Vegas for professional reasons, might as well ride the bike there, convince the wife to fly in and drag her around for another 10 days or so. I've convinced my physical therapist it will be great rehab for my shoulder...:bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online