12v Compressor fridge at Costco.

86scotty

Cynic
7 pics of every angle of the outside and not one of the inside? Do they think we buy these things for looks? I want to see everyday foods stashed in a fridge. A milk or OJ jug for reference, a 6 or 12 pack of bottled beer or cans of soda. I just do not get the lousy marketing on these things.

The control panel, cord (for quality judgement) and pics of the interior light in action would also be the very first things I would think any shopper would want to see.

Asystole

Bought one of these on sale in July, used it once and very happy considering the price, $280 for the CX40. Let me know if you guys want some pics or what I’ve found in testing it out.

bas157

Asystole, please do post pics and your impression of it. Was looking at these a few weeks ago. Looks like the same unit under other names are also sold on Amazon (cheaper at Costco though)

alia176

Explorer
7 pics of every angle of the outside and not one of the inside? Do they think we buy these things for looks? I want to see everyday foods stashed in a fridge. A milk or OJ jug for reference, a 6 or 12 pack of bottled beer or cans of soda. I just do not get the lousy marketing on these things.

The control panel, cord (for quality judgement) and pics of the interior light in action would also be the very first things I would think any shopper would want to see.

Here you go dude, all kinds of pics. Price $339 for a 50Q unit, same as Costco.

Amazon link

Last edited:

bgflyguy

I bought one, and it's been good so far. It was on sale a couple of times over the last few months for like $70 off. It uses a bit of juice to cool everything off, but after that it's not bad. I have the numbers for a week of use, somewhere. It was good enough for me to not worry about it any more. I'll post them if I come across them.

If you are using a lead acid battery, highest low voltage cut off is like 11.2 or something. I would double check if that is a concern for you. There's only one plug, so you have to choose 12/24v or AC.

It's deep cooler so lots of digging around. There is space under the compressor that can be tricky to get too as well.

20200808_131929.jpg20200808_131912.jpg20200808_132104.jpg

alia176

Explorer
It's interesting that Costco calls this unit a "cooler" vs a fridge. My first thought is that this might be a thermo-electric cooler but it might actually be using a Danfoss compressor.

86scotty

Cynic
It's interesting that Costco calls this unit a "cooler" vs a fridge. My first thought is that this might be a thermo-electric cooler but it might actually be using a Danfoss compressor.

Not necessarily Danfoss/Secop just because it's a real fridge. There's all sorts of stuff out there. It would certainly be great if it were.

Anyway, on the link you posted, thanks but I'm not looking. I'm simply stating that the marketing on some of these things is crap. Who needs 7 pictures of the exterior? Of all of the unnecessary crap we're having marketed to us they don't even give out the basics. Oh, a pic of a fridge! What pretty colors! Just what I need! Ugh.

aaaslayer

Did you check Youtube??? Plenty of reviews

86scotty

Cynic
Did you check Youtube??? Plenty of reviews

You are not getting my drift. My problem is with Costco's marketing, and they are not alone. I'm not in the market and not searching for reviews or info on the fridge. I'm sure it's out there if I wanted to search.

I hope you enjoy yours!

Model97

It might not be clear to the seller whether you are actually interested in it, or not.

tgil

You are not getting my drift. My problem is with Costco's marketing, and they are not alone. I'm not in the market and not searching for reviews or info on the fridge. I'm sure it's out there if I wanted to search.

I hope you enjoy yours!
Are you in marketing, by chance? May day job is Quality Inspection. I tend to be picky about stuff that I notice because of what I do for a living. Just curious, I get your point, either way.

86scotty

Cynic
Are you in marketing, by chance? May day job is Quality Inspection. I tend to be picky about stuff that I notice because of what I do for a living. Just curious, I get your point, either way.

Nope, just an armchair critic. I think it makes most people assume I'm negative. Not at all, I just think some companies do a really lousy job. If you're looking at a house do you just want 10 pics of the outside?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles