12 volt slow cooker

WOODY2

Adventurer
What have you cooked from scratch in the Max Burton ? I like that it can heat to 350 in 35 minutes.
I have cooked pork tenderloins, frozen entree's and lots of other things, Interior size is the only drawback, I nestle it in a plastic milk crate on the passenger floor while driving/cooking.

concretejungle

Adventurer
I have successfully run a standard crock pot one weekend at the beach. Just FYI, I had 120W solar panels out in full sun all day long and run a dual battery system. I had the crock put plugged into my power inverter. Had it on low and cooked a pork butt all day long resulting in some delicious pork tacos that evening.

I did not monitor my battery but assumed that if I did not have the solar panels out with full sun I'm not sure that my battery would have handled the 8 hours of cooking along with the fridge running and a few other accessories.

TwinStick

Explorer
You can also find some nice 12v products at truck stops. Also of note, HF now sells pure sine wave inverters, that claim 92% efficiency. Catch one on sale. Ours has worked flawlessly so far (2000/4000 watt).
We have a 700 watt microwave for heating up our pre-cooked meals. Our setup is able to use truck battery, auxiliary battery or both & also use 120v or generator. Lol I like options. Lol

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I experimented with one of these and found that it really was not practical for what I do. It took about 8 hours to cook a pot of chili .
The flavors were not blended since the temp did not get up to 200 degrees until after 8 hours and there was no simmering during the 8 hours.

I think using a pressure cooker is much more efficient.

https://badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com/2017/01/25/12-vdc-crock-pot-test/
Bingo. They cook very quickly over a moderate flame.

TwinStick

Explorer
Lol, I agree. But if certain people get what they want, you will soon be severely limited as to what you can use to heat up your food or cook your food. Where I live, for some reason unbeknownst to me, the people in charge think they have the moral authority to tell us what engine is in your vehicle, what type of stoves you can have, what your temperature is in your house. These people have lost their minds. Lol All those things are being forced on us at an alarming rate. It will start happening soon, but their selling point is "It's ONLY for new builds". That's how it starts, then 5-10 years later, everyone has to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles