12’LR4 Extended Warranty?

harbinger808

Adventurer
Aloha,
I have a 12’ LR4 that was a CPO with 48K on it. It’s about to hit 100K in a month and thinking of extended warranty coverage. It was just in for engine coolant leak from water pump and one other spot that was fully covered which is a great thing. This is our only vehicle so it’s our daily driver/adventure vehicle.
Thoughts?
Mahalo

DiscoDavis

Explorer
yes get the warranty.

How much is it?
How long does it go?
What scope does it cover?
Is it transferrable if you decide to sell the car down the road?

Are all questions you should get answers to beforehand.

harbinger808

Adventurer
thanks for the questions to ask.
$6688@4yrs or 60K is the longest but i havent been told what it covers.
what would be the main "high" dollar items that i should be looking for coverage under the warranty?

DiscoDavis

Explorer
thanks for the questions to ask.
$6688@4yrs or 60K is the longest but i havent been told what it covers.
what would be the main "high" dollar items that i should be looking for coverage under the warranty?

Motor and ancillaries (IE water pump, alternator, leaks, etc), ECU's, Transmission services, Transfer case, Diffs, axles, CV's, wheel bearing assemblies, control arms and bushings allignments? (do LR warranties cover this normally?, not sure), Any electrical faults, any diagnostic labor costs, brakes?,

Major ones that pay for the warranty are control arms, they go out very quickly. High dollar items you would look for are major drivetrain components.

>motor repair/replacement
>transmission repair/service/replacement
>transfer case repair/replacement
>Any ECU's
>differential repair/replacement

Hopefully they are clear on all or at least those major items.

blacksparrow

I have 2013, same deal, bought with around 40k miles off a lease... and think my extended factory warranty expires this year. Were you contacted direct from land rover to purchase this, or is it aftermarket? Any info you find would be appreciated.

rcharrette

Adventurer
On my 08’ LR 3 the EAS system and the parking brake were the 2 big ones I had. Both covered at the time. Those 2 alone would practically pay for your extended warranty if they go out. We just got. 13’ LR4 and have a extended warranty on it for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
My LR3 Warranty payed out 6000 in 2017. including a $4800 repair. well worth the 2500 I payed, GET ONE!!!

harbinger808

Adventurer
theyre wanting 6700 for 4yr/60K but have yet to tell me if thats for the platinum plan. finance guys are really annoying me right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles