1124 AF Double Cab

Neil

Observer
Toby

Try and make contact with Tony Morgan.
www.twoinatruck.co.uk

As far as I know he was and maybe still is in the same position as you. His truck was and possibly still is registered as a fire engine.

He may be able to help . Mention me at Cloud9.

He is a really nice bloke

Neil

Toby3

Hi, thanks all. Will message Tony, thanks Neil. I'm not sure how it works from an insurance point of view if its still legally listed as a fire engine as you are supposed to attest that its only being used as one. Trying to get it lined up hence thinking need to get it changed.

Neil

Observer
been a long time coming

You can say that again, we first met and spoke about your truck at Willy Treffen Germany 10 years ago in 2013.

You needed a crew cab for the kids. I bet they are getting too old to want to go now.

Last push now get it finished and get yourself on the road

Best of luck Toby.

Neil

Toby3

hi, does anyone have any recommendations for UK insurance companies who are good at covering motorhomes when built like this?

Toby3

Finally got truck home for the first time in 2.5 years. Drove really well following fixing up snagging list at AV. Cruising comfortably at 60mph at 2000rpm and sitting well after 75mm suspension increase now that its more loaded up. Weighing in at just under 10 tonne.

Just working through snagging list for the cabin and systems but going well. Still got about a month of work to go back in for to tidy up the cabin, install the second row of air seats, sound and heat installation, sound system, etc plus awning, outdoor kitchen and finish up some bits on the cabin.

Picture1.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Toby3

hi, all good, its insured, on the road. Still registered as a Fire engine, I think similar to several others where its an ongoing engagement with the DVLA to find a way to be allowed to change it with them. Insurance was fine that it is a motorhome but that it isn't registered as that.

Geo.Lander

Finally got truck home for the first time in 2.5 years. Drove really well following fixing up snagging list at AV. Cruising comfortably at 60mph at 2000rpm and sitting well after 75mm suspension increase now that its more loaded up. Weighing in at just under 10 tonne.

Just working through snagging list for the cabin and systems but going well. Still got about a month of work to go back in for to tidy up the cabin, install the second row of air seats, sound and heat installation, sound system, etc plus awning, outdoor kitchen and finish up some bits on the cabin.

View attachment 772954

View attachment 772955

Looking really really good I must say! I had the same idea for mounting solar!

Toby3

had a few more things finished on the truck including extra leaves in the front suspension so its sitting better with the weight. Outdoor kitchen now installed

outdoor kitchen 1.jpgoutdoor kitchen 2.jpg

Attachments

• outdoor kitchen 2.jpg
    outdoor kitchen 2.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles