1124 AF Double Cab

Toby3

Slow progress but cab chassis back from paint, cab going back together inside and box hopefully getting fitted next week so it can go back for the box to be painted

Attachments

• Painted-1 24-02-22.jpg
    Painted-1 24-02-22.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • Painted-2 24-02-22.jpg
    Painted-2 24-02-22.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: mog

Sitec

Adventurer
Looking great! It all becomes very real when colour goes on and you start bolting stuff back on for the last time eh!

Geo.Lander

Looking really great, the paint job looks superb! mine is in paint at the moment, I hope it comes back looks half as good!

Toby3

HI, yes finally coming together which is great. hopefully this final bit will come together quite quickly as things like the roof rack are all built, waiting to go on.

Looking really great, the paint job looks superb! mine is in paint at the moment, I hope it comes back looks half as good!

hope so, looks really good in the pictures, haven't had a chance to get back to AV yet to see it in person but definitely gets it away from the fire engine look. Saw some of the others that they had painted last time I was there so had a cool double cab unimog in black, 20 years old sat next to an almost new unimog and couldn't tell the difference on paint, finish.

Toby3

HI, trying to figure out the plumbing solution. AV have suggested a Surejust Calorifier, I think this is similar to a Truma but anybody have any experience of them? Also any suggestions around building in filters into the plumbing system, looking at initial slimline filter going into the fresh water tank, won't provide completely safe water but limited on space, then looking at a reverse osmosis filter after it comes out of the fresh water tank. Again any experience with this or anyone used something different?

Thanks for this.

Neil

Observer
We filter all water going into the tanks through a 10 inch paper sediment filter.

All water leaving the tank goes through another 10 inch paper filter and then through a 10 inch carbon filter .

Lastly all drinking water is delivered through its own tap via a seagull IV filter .

Never had a problem and we have pulled water from some dubious sources

Neil

Geo.Lander

HI, trying to figure out the plumbing solution. AV have suggested a Surejust Calorifier, I think this is similar to a Truma but anybody have any experience of them? Also any suggestions around building in filters into the plumbing system, looking at initial slimline filter going into the fresh water tank, won't provide completely safe water but limited on space, then looking at a reverse osmosis filter after it comes out of the fresh water tank. Again any experience with this or anyone used something different?

Thanks for this.

I highly recommend everyone to check out the UNICAT live videos, I have learned so much from them over the last 16 months, more so then any of the books and other media I have putchased. The one on water basically has some very convincing reasons not to use any filtering within the in-line plumbing systems at all, but do it @VerMonsterRV style in a separate briefcase system

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
I highly recommend everyone to check out the UNICAT live videos, I have learned so much from them over the last 16 months, more so then any of the books and other media I have putchased. The one on water basically has some very convincing reasons not to use any filtering within the in-line plumbing systems at all, but do it @VerMonsterRV style in a separate briefcase system
If anyone wants to replicate our briefcase filter let me know. I now have a line on a company in China that manufactures the UVC LED sterilizer at what seems a very good price. I have one on order now as a "sample". Although I really don't want to go into business selling them (and I have yet to see the product in person) I think this might be a good product and should be available to others, so I may try and order a batch to sell directly through Amazon (so I need to only do the "business" will only be computer/financing) . The one I have on order will be mounted under our galley sink and will have a 5L/min flow rate. The filter housing is a standard 10" one and will have a Doulton .5 ceramic filter in it. The UVC sterlizer mounts on the top and has an automatic power switch that detects water flow. They also have a 5" housing version that would work perfectly in a briefcase system and they are willing to produce the whole setup depending on order size. Anyone want to go into business selling water sterilizers?

Geo.Lander

If anyone wants to replicate our briefcase filter let me know. I now have a line on a company in China that manufactures the UVC LED sterilizer at what seems a very good price. I have one on order now as a "sample". Although I really don't want to go into business selling them (and I have yet to see the product in person) I think this might be a good product and should be available to others, so I may try and order a batch to sell directly through Amazon (so I need to only do the "business" will only be computer/financing) . The one I have on order will be mounted under our galley sink and will have a 5L/min flow rate. The filter housing is a standard 10" one and will have a Doulton .5 ceramic filter in it. The UVC sterlizer mounts on the top and has an automatic power switch that detects water flow. They also have a 5" housing version that would work perfectly in a briefcase system and they are willing to produce the whole setup depending on order size. Anyone want to go into business selling water sterilizers?

Oww yes, i want it! i know you shared your briefcase system design and shopping list a while back, any chance you will be updating this going forward? We should for sure start open-sourcing these inventions of your and hopefully I will have something to contribute along the way!

Geo.Lander

Truck now back with cabin painted,

Absolutely beautiful! It makes all the difference having that box done with the same finish as the drivers cab! I think too many builds do not take the time and expensive to get that right (which I understand).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles