1124 AF Double Cab

Joe917

Explorer
Yes the Bosch is a regular home washer, the smallest they make. I think it is 21" wide.
Power consumption is very low as long as you use the cold cycle. It only has a cold input hose and heats the water with an internal element. To avoid the big draw from the element we have our hot and cold lines "t"d into the washer with two valves. Always use the cold cycle but use the temperature water needed.
Works great.

Sitec

Adventurer
I think thered be a few drawbacks with a normal washing machine... Firstly the drum is supposed to be locked with bolts when being transported, secondly, they often have weights in the bottom to help stop them wandering, and thirdly just their shear size put us off... We looked at the draw type but deemed it'd use too much kitchen space up... Oh the joys of making it all fit into a hab box eh! :)

I screwed 4 metal loops that lay down flat into the floor of the entryway. I have a ~22L plastic bucket for dry dog food with a top that threads on, sealed by O ring. One fills it up partially with water from a lake or river, put some dirty clothes in with some laundry type soap, tie it down with ratchet straps, and drive for a few hours. Camp near body of water, rinse clothes, set up clothes line.
The bucket is also incredibly useful for filling water tanks with a submersible 110v pump and short garden hose, when hose for water supply is way too big to fit into tank openings and/or too high flow rate. I actually needed this setup in Mongolia and Russia several times. Also garden hose threads vary worldwide so the bucket is an “adapter”. Obviously 110v ac source is needed but most well equipped campers have an inverter.

Neil

Observer
We have the Euronova 1150. We love it, never had a problem.

All the component are Bosch so we should be able to get spares if we ever need them.

We never use tge element , we only ever fill from either the calorifier , using a thermostatic valve set to about30 degrees or to be honest we tend to just pour a kettle down its neck when its filling up.

The element is disconected . A full cycle uses between 6 to 8 amps. The best part is the spin dry, it makrs drying clothes so much easier.

Neil

Toby3

HI, thanks all, We did something similar Charlie when we went trans Africa with the Land Rover but with kids etc looking to automate. Thanks Neil, looking at similar size 3kg load ones and see what we can fit in.

Different question. Back on toilets, looking at Dometic either Saneo or CTS 4110. Does anyone have any experience of these. One of the choices is both options come either with a built in 7l tank or plumbed in to the mains tank. What have others done?

Joe917

Explorer
We had a flush toilet and black tank in our truck when we bought it. Could not get rid of it fast enough! Went to a Natures Head composting toilet and 8 years later still very happy with the decision.

Sitec

Adventurer
X2 for not having a black tank. Natures Head or Air Head all the way. Thr thought of having to deal with that cassette or tank of nuclear slop every few days... Even though the 'composting' process has only just begun, it's still easier to handle a dry matter with minimal odor than pungent nuclear slop in my opinion.

Toby3

HI Joe, Sitec, thanks for this. Are Natures Head and AIr Head both pretty much the same. Looking at the two, Natures head looks like it needs to come in from a stockist in Germany, both look fairly similar money. Any downsides to them?

Sitec

Adventurer
I gather both are similar. We went with the Natures Head, as there is a supplier here in Australia. I believe both to be US made, and have since been told that the Air Head has a different system for removing the top of the toilet, so therefore needs less space... You'd have to check that though. I'm just happy with the principal of not needing a black tank, saving water and space, and only having a dry matter to handle instead of slurry.

Iain_U1250

Explorer
We have used out Natures Head for 5 years now, and would never go to a chemical one or anything with tanks. We empty the pee pot every second day, either in a roadside toilet or out in the bush if necessary, and the solid side about every few weeks. It works great for us.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
We went with the AirHead, mainly because it is smaller and can be mounted right against the wall. Since it is smaller the pee tank needs emptying each day. We go about 10 days with a coco brick for "solids". We are happy we went this route.

Geo.Lander

We went with the AirHead, mainly because it is smaller and can be mounted right against the wall. Since it is smaller the pee tank needs emptying each day. We go about 10 days with a coco brick for "solids". We are happy we went this route.

Looking at an Airhead too, what dimensions is your bathroom if you don't mind me asking Jon? Im thinking of a vertical outside wall mounted vent too..

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
HI, trying to figure out bits inside so we can make sure they all fit in the design. Looking at washing machines. Seems to be a mix of smaller conventional household ones and ones that more like marine options. Any recommendations. Having spent a year trans africa washing clothes in bucket etc definitely want a washing machine in the truck.
We have a Spendide washer/dryer. It's a front loader and seems to work well. It can do hot/cold wash using hot water from the water heater (we use solar power to heat our domestic water). For drying we need to be plugged in and it takes a long time, we usually hang the laundry on the rear motorcycle lift. Really get the "Beverley Hill Billies" look going ?. Matter of fact, we will be starting a wash load in a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior